onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby County U23

The Wonder of You

I'm sorry but your logic here is terrible.

Boycotting is "tantamount to doing nothing" but on the other hand it is greedy chairmen who have made this decision. Let's see how they like it when they are barely covering costs due to the ridiculously low crowds?

This was the problem with the JPT Trophy. Thousands didn't turn up so this is the consequence.

The FA have lied about every single reason behind this decision.

It will not help crowds

It is not a youth team as they can field 5 players over 23.

It is not encouraging English develepment as there is no limit on foreign players.

(But funnily enough, if we wanted to field 11 of our promising ENGLISH youth players we would get fined for fielding a weak team)

It can **** right off for me.

I don't disagree with any of that and said as much when the plan was announced.

Advert

What I find obscene is the pittance offered by the PL for this 'Competition i.e. it represents just 1% of a parachute payment for teams dropping out of the PL end of this season.

What is more obscene was the yes vote for it.

At least Smurf and a few other owners had the gumption to vote 'No'.

I have missed less than 5 home games in 46 years including all Autoglass and JPT home matches and a lot of away matches in the competition including the matches in the 3 team groups (Hereford and Shrewsbury I think?).I will attend the Mansfield match and will consider going to Doncaster.However I have NO interest in watching a Derby U23 team and will not attend. Furthermore if Smurf wants to re-iterate his opposition to this obscenity he could ask Bruno to play the 7 reserves named in Saturdays squad put in 4 youth team players to make up numbers and then substitute 3 players two minutes in with 3 more youth players. Derby win eight nil and the 450 who attend will go home happy.

What I find obscene is the pittance offered by the PL for this 'Competition i.e. it represents just 1% of a parachute payment for teams dropping out of the PL end of this season.

What is more obscene was the yes vote for it.

At least Smurf and a few other owners had the gumption to vote 'No'.

Probably a bigger fight in the future opposing the 4 divisions of 20 teams in the FL.

Well opposition to this looks embedded even among the most ardent supporters. The sponsor will have a contract with the FL for a period of years like JP had. So the competition will continue, but I am minded to suppose, with no evidence, that the conditions of entry are determined by the FL provided the competition retains is broad expectation to the sponsor.

A great deal of negativity, particularly associating the sponsor's product causing negative marketing value, may promote lobbying to revert to the format we want from the sponsor. Another approach by disgruntled league clubs could be to play the youth team and to make it as far as possible a game behind closed doors by say opening on turnstile to one area of a stand and offering no catering etc. I think there are a lot of ways to visit harm on the sponsor and FL, but it is disappointing to want to do so.

I was thinking of coming along tomorrow to look at the squad players who may challenge for starts in the next few months. But I / we have just been subject to unreasonable action by Wirral Council who notified us on a Sunday that surface dressing work would start on Tuesday without consultation and with Monday being a Bank Holiday. There is a lot of hostility to surface dressing as a solution in the particular circumstances on our estate and it looks like there could be civil disobedience. Some people have no respect for the views of the public / supporters / residents etc. Anyway, to coin a phrase, I guess I will have to man to man mark their contractor on this occasion to make sure a professional job is done.

Everyone should go through their wardrobe and find some old clothes and then as the Chairman doesn't support B teams either, let us give them to someone to place over the seats to give a rough idea on how many people are missing that would have been there. Also while your down there buy something of a similar price as the ticket from the club shop. At the end of the game either save the clothes for the next u23 game or donate them to charity.

Instead of being so negative lets look at it as another very winnable match, another game to use for our team to continue to gel together, and also perhaps a game in which our forwards can get a goal or two, as confidence plays a massive part in any walk of life.

It will be a good time to see what the likes of Mac-Intosch, Hart and Perreira can offer.

Instead of being so negative lets look at it as another very winnable match, another game to use for our team to continue to gel together, and also perhaps a game in which our forwards can get a goal or two, as confidence plays a massive part in any walk of life.

It will be a good time to see what the likes of Mac-Intosch, Hart and Perreira can offer.

You keep burying that head in the sand there.

This is much bigger than 'geling the squad a bit more.' It's about the integrity of English football as we know it.

This is much bigger than 'geling the squad a bit more.' It's about the integrity of English football as we know it.

The integrity of English football died in 1992. Indeed it probably died before that when the big clubs decided that splitting gate money with the visiting team wasn't fair.

Think onto a franchised Euro league, 4 clubs from England, who will they be?

Archived