onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby County U23

The Wonder of You

So who's going.

I am an ardent fan, season ticket holder. But for me this is one step too far and I will not be in attendance. How dare the football league belittle what has been for Vale a rewarding and fruitful competition.

I sincerely hope two U23 teams get to the final and play it in front of an empty Wembley!

Advert

I hope that Bruno makes as many changes as the rules allow and that we nevertheless give Derby a thrashing, just to show them how pointless it is. Most of all, I hope that no one turns up.

For anyone who's thinking of going, please resist the temptation - it's really, really important that this competition fails or, the next thing we know, the Football League will be allowing B teams into the league itself.

Disgraceful decision by the league who think we can be bought by a few extra quid. We need to make sure they have egg all over their face.

I must say I find it rather odd that there are fans on this thread proudly saying they won't be going to this match on a matter of principle yet rayzer is getting dogs abuse on the match thread for saying he is not going to home games on a matter of principle. Bizarre.

Slightly different though. I understand its both principle based. But Razor is purposefully withholding money going into the club whilst lining the pockets of opposition clubs. (his choice)

Whilst you will find most who are not attending this is not against the club itself, but the notion that the ridiculous ruling to allow U23 into a competition specifically for lower league clubs. This one is not personal!

I understand its both principle based.

Principles and opinions are like a***holes - everyone has them.

It's not Vales fault the FA are totally out of touch with football fans so why should we make a potential big loss financially on this game? I'm sure the money we will lose on this game could be put to better use by the club.

I and the 8 people I attend every game with shall not be going either. It will be the first time that I've ever missed a game when I was able to go.

A complete mockery of a competition.

All Lg1 and Lg 2 clubs should field their entire youth teams as these premiership/championship sides want there young players to play in men's football and this way it would be a waste of time.

Archived