onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby County U23

The Wonder of You

Advert

At a recent Newcastle United Fans Forum, one of the reps asked about Newcastle's refusal to enter the competition. Their answer shows up the completely disorganised farce that this has become. The official minutes of the meeting say:

"As per an official statement at the time, the club is supportive of young Newcastle United players taking part in the tournament in principal. However, the club was initially told it would not be invited to field a team and therefore made a commitment to young players that they would be able to go out on loan to gain experience. The club subsequently found out it had been invited to field a team via Sky Sports. The club's final decision was that it would be better for young players to be immersed in a first team environment out on loan for a significant number of games, rather than what could be a handful of games in the EFL Trophy.

I was all for not going this game but i dont care what i am called i think how we have played and the fact i have a chance take my little lad a night game before they go back school might just sway me plus if the new winger signs he could play as well as say Boot,Pereira,Amoros etc and i would like to see that

Vale have been paid a bribe by the FA/FL anyway so don't think you have to go aqnd hand over your tenner or else the club will lose out.

Wouldn't go to this if they paid me. First this, then B teams in the FA Cup then B teams in the lower leagues. BOYCOTT.

Let's not get abusive on this towards anyone who does go...explain why you believe they should not and they can agree with you or not.

I think its a terrible idea and could lead to B teams in the league to the detriment of many clubs, unless it fails miserably. So I hope it is a failure but that Vale don't suffer in the process.

I must say I find it rather odd that there are fans on this thread proudly saying they won't be going to this match on a matter of principle yet rayzer is getting dogs abuse on the match thread for saying he is not going to home games on a matter of principle. Bizarre.

I will not be attending as I believe that if fans turn out for this it will be seen by the fa as a go ahead to to include B teams in the football league which will ruin English football.

Razyer is refusing to go to Vale because of some nasty things our chairman has said, if everyone took his stance we wouldn't have a club to support.

Spot the difference?

I will not be attending as I believe that if fans turn out for this it will be seen by the fa as a go ahead to to include B teams in the football league which will ruin English football.

Razyer is refusing to go to Vale because of some nasty things our chairman has said, if everyone took his stance we wouldn't have a club to support.

Spot the difference?

Good summary. Razer also points out he is supporting the club by giving money to the opposition!

Spot the difference?

This whole experiment will fail miserably because it has been ill conceived from the start. The promise of top Premier teams entering disappeared in a puff of smoke. The idea that this competition would give experience to young English players was also a myth when you look at the number of foreign players in Premier League U23 teams. The fact that Newcastle only found out they were being invited by seeing it on Sky Sports shows what a bloody shambles the whole thing has been. If the experiment carries on beyond this season I'll be very surprised.

And I hope you are not upset when I say I don't give a stuff whether you agree with me attending or not. You're not going - you're choice, fine. I'm going - my choice, OK?

Some of you would make a pact with the devil to win a few games. You really do not get it. There is more chance of losing our club with Smurthwaite in charge by his way of running it than any of you seem to realise. In my opinion he is no different to me than Oyston at Blackpool. We will see.

Some of you would make a pact with the devil to win a few games. You really do not get it. There is more chance of losing our club with Smurthwaite in charge by his way of running it than any of you seem to realise. In my opinion he is no different to me than Oyston at Blackpool. We will see.

How do you see it panning out into a situation where there is no more port Vale? What will make that happen? Genuinely intrigued into what on the face of it seems a bizarre decision.

Archived