onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Derby County U23

The Wonder of You

Advert

I must say I find it rather odd that there are fans on this thread proudly saying they won't be going to this match on a matter of principle yet rayzer is getting dogs abuse on the match thread for saying he is not going to home games on a matter of principle. Bizarre.

Completely disagree as its two entirely different situations.

Will those of you boycotting this game promise not to get a Wembley ticket in the unlikely event that we reach the final?

Depends who we play. I may attend the matches against Doncaster and Mansfield is it? But I won't be attending any many in which we play against a youth or reserve side and that would be the same for me if we reached the final.

No we won't.

I actually think we would. If everyone went to the game as you are (nothing wrong in that either) then the fa would surely see it as a success?

They've been desperate to get premier b sides in the league for a while and would jump at any possible chance in my opinion.

I actually think we would. If everyone went to the game as you are (nothing wrong in that either) then the fa would surely see it as a success?

They've been desperate to get premier b sides in the league for a while and would jump at any possible chance in my opinion.

I would like to see us put a strong side out against the U23 teams and hopefully if every club did that, then there would/should be a few heavy defeats for these U23 teams. That is the way to stop the FA from giving this idea any credence.

As I stated in the other thread about this cup, I'm not sure where I stand on this. I don't agree with introducing B sides, but not sure I will be boycotting any games because of it. It's easy to say we're not going to go to Vale v Mansfield on a cold Tuesday night, but if we make it to Wembley how many people will turn down probably the only chance we will get to see our team play on the hallowed turf at Wembley?

I'm going. When we get to Wembley I want to have seen the whole journey!

I think its easy for people to say they wont even go Wembley should we get there at this moment in time BUT should we actually get there then i am sure one or two would change their minds thats only natural...I will have no gripe with those who want to boycott and i wont with those who want to attend to watch a Vale game,i am undecided and will be until Tuesday evening but whatever i choose i will be happy with my decision.

Some of you would make a pact with the devil to win a few games. You really do not get it. There is more chance of losing our club with Smurthwaite in charge by his way of running it than any of you seem to realise. In my opinion he is no different to me than Oyston at Blackpool. We will see.

I am no massive fan of Smurf but neither do i hate him,i strongly disagree with what you say here,infact i think you are coming across as being quite spiteful...I would be interested to know if there is more to this?

Will those of you boycotting this game promise not to get a Wembley ticket in the unlikely event that we reach the final?

I'm undecided yet about whether I will attend against the league teams. I can promise that if we are playing any "U23" team, I will not be going to wembley or anywhere else.

I am no massive fan of Smurf but neither do i hate him,i strongly disagree with what you say here,infact i think you are coming across as being quite spiteful...I would be interested to know if there is more to this?

I agree. Smurf hurt a lot of (I believe Rayzer called us "REAL")Vale fans with the JFH comments and the stuff he was saying when he put the club up for sale. However, his actions since have been fantastic and for the first time in my life my only concern is whether or not we're signing TOO MANY players.

We're playing well, we're not being held to ransom by players or agents and we're signing exciting young players who could fire us up the league and/or be sold for some of the crazy money flying about these days.

I've really got no idea how anyone can come to the conclusion that firing off a few ropey comments whilst on the other hand signing a load of young promising players can be comparable to blackpool situation. Unless he knows more than he is letting on I think his stance is quite bizarre.

I'll go to the home game against the other league side, but I won't be attending the B matches. Would be interesting if Rob could make a vote on the subject: attending all games, only attending against league sides, not attending any matches etc.

On a side note, have the prices been released for this? I'd like to see smurf not lower the price, and instead do that for a league game to try and boost attendances. I'm sure that people would come back after seeing the style of football we have been playing.

The Football League would have to agree to any involvement of B teams in their league structure. It could not just be imposed on them because they are a body independent of the FA. It could only be done by extending the divisions and that would require a 90% vote in favour.

I'll go to the home game against the other league side, but I won't be attending the B matches. Would be interesting if Rob could make a vote on the subject: attending all games, only attending against league sides, not attending any matches etc.

I think Rob has already done this a while back. Another point though - bearing in mind the sort of attendances we got for JPT games in the past, how many of the people saying they are not going would not have gone if the B teams hadn't been involved? We regularly lost over 2000 fans for those games. Why were they boycotting?

Archived