onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Achille Campion

sligolad1

Advert

Hello Sligo Lad.

Campion didn't really get a prolonged chance in the first team with us certainly last season anyway where he never made an appearance. His record for the reserves(although that doesn't really mean a great deal) during the 14/15 season was exceptional tbh and did earn him 7 or 8 appearances towards the end of that season where he managed his only goal. The honest answer is I'm not really sure what he could be like as a player as we didn't really see enough of him to form an opinion(certainly in my view anyway). He possibly might not be good enough(for 3rd tier EFL level)? but a combination or the our previous manager not rating him and I think him being a signing made by our chairman made him a bit of an awkward one. By all accounts he was an excellent professional though and a good trainer.

You'll get the range of views on here from he was rubbish to basically what I've said(i.e. he didn't get a chance).

It will be interesting to see how he does in the League of Ireland as his goals for our reserves promised a lot that for what ever reason never came to fruition in our first team.

As TheSage says he came over as a decent bloke so would love to see him bag a few goals for you as at the very least he deserves a chance somewhere to prove he can do it.:yes:

Out of interest what were your view on Micky Adams managing you for a short spell last year was it?

Thanks for that. Adams is very highly regarded in sligo for saving us from relegation and most hoped that he would stay on for this season. He got players back playing in their preferred positions and made us hard to beat. He and his assistant Rogers were really passionate and vocal on the sideline. His style of football maybe wasn't to everyone's liking as it was mostly long ball and he was very focused on winning the second ball. He really improved the atmosphere within the squad though and developed a good rapport with the supporters. Players said they enjoyed going to training more when he was there. One of the more popular managers to have managed here in sligo.

If was given a good run in the team could have done well he did decent in the reserves just a shame our previous manager manager didn't play him in sure he will be a great job for your lot and good luck to him :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

How do you think Sligo compare to L1/. L2 teams standard ?

If you think L1, my opinion is he will struggle, if L2 he could be a good asset.

That's an honest opinion, saw him play a few times and don't be fooled - nobody on here apart from a couple connected with the reserves saw him play a load of times as he never had that many full games. I wish him well in Ireland.

Ignore any remarks about the pervious manager (Rob Page)as some on here had a hate agenda against Page for no good reason, which they are seemingly carrying on. I also wish Page well at Northampton except against Vale.

How do you think Sligo compare to L1/. L2 teams standard ?

If you think L1, my opinion is he will struggle, if L2 he could be a good asset.

That's an honest opinion, saw him play a few times and don't be fooled - nobody on here apart from a couple connected with the reserves saw him play a load of times as he never had that many full games. I wish him well in Ireland.

Ignore any remarks about the pervious manager (Rob Page)as some on here had a hate agenda against Page for no good reason, which they are seemingly carrying on. I also wish Page well at Northampton except against Vale.

I have/had no agenda against Page, but to suggest he gave Campion a chance is laughable. Even when he came on and scored for the first team all Page said was "well he got his goal". Even Stevie Wonder could see there was an issue there. I wish him well, in the cameo's I saw him have he seemed to have something about him. We will never know which is a shame.

He's playing tonight away at Cork City, they're 2-0 up, hasn't scored but has his 1st yellow.

I also hope that he's goes on to make a go of it, never given a chance at the Vale, Page obviously didn't rate him but then again neither did Bruno, if he did he would surely have offered him 12 months.

He's playing tonight away at Cork City, they're 2-0 up, hasn't scored but has his 1st yellow.

I also hope that he's goes on to make a go of it, never given a chance at the Vale, Page obviously didn't rate him but then again neither did Bruno, if he did he would surely have offered him 12 months.

Did Bruno ever see him? I thought Campion had gone before Bruno arrived.

I have/had no agenda against Page, but to suggest he gave Campion a chance is laughable. Even when he came on and scored for the first team all Page said was "well he got his goal". Even Stevie Wonder could see there was an issue there. I wish him well, in the cameo's I saw him have he seemed to have something about him. We will never know which is a shame.

I suspect there were issues with Campion which were nothing to do with his footballing ability or the player himself. I saw all his minutes on the pitch for Vale and have to agree with the consensus above that he wasn't up to it at League One level.

Archived