onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Andoh agent makes appeal for Smurthwaite to negotiate

News Feed

Enoch Andoh’s agent Saif Rubie has called on Port Vale chairman Norman Smurthwaite to negotiate a “fair” deal with the winger. On Monday, Smurthwaite tweeted to indicate that agreement could not be reached with the promising winger. However, Andoh’s agent Saif Rubie says that the club are trying to lock the player into a £500 […]

More...

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

Seems to me that Norman and PV are being sensible and businesslike in waiting to see how fit Andoh will be. It would be easy to put him onto a bigger salary/longer contract but it is surely prudent to be sure of his complete fitness before committing to a longer-term contract? Also reading between the lines, it would appear that Bruno has doubts about this fitness issue and realises that whatever the truth, he would not be able to deploy Andoh for the first months of the new season. Therefore a perfectly sensible and practical approach has been taken by the club?

If we can't afford to pay a player more than £26,000 a year if he proves his fitness think we need to give up! Andoh could be potentially worth a bit of money to the club, so surely we have to speculate to accumulate in this case.

Think this proves that the bigger wage budget is a con. All our top earners have left and been replaced by cheap foreign imports.

Enoch Andoh’s agent Saif Rubie has called on Port Vale chairman Norman Smurthwaite to negotiate a “fair” deal with the winger. On Monday, Smurthwaite tweeted to indicate that agreement could not be reached with the promising winger. However, Andoh’s agent Saif Rubie says that the club are trying to lock the player into a £500 […]

More...

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

My gut reaction is there will be some form of middle ground. Dreadful deal for us to agree a contract until Christmas, get him fit and Andoh and his agent walk off with a gigantic payoff from a Championship Club. Equally if he's fit he's clearly worth more than 500 quid a week. I'm sure there must be some way automatic weekly pay rises could be triggered based on appearances. We need to have him on a two year contract so their would at least be a possibility of selling him next summer if he regains fitness and form.

Is the reported £500 a week the basic salary without appearance bonuses and the like? If so, can I apply for the job please - I could lie on a treatment table quite successfully of 500 quid a week!

Seriously though, Norman has already said he was prepared to negotiate with Andoh. Perhaps something along the lines of so much now, so much more after he's played 10 games, more still after 20 games etc. If the lad and his agent say no to our final offer then cheerio and good luck.

I would like Smurf to try and sort something out here but it's his club and his money so it's upto him.

I reckon Norman's done enough

If the agent wants to negotiate we can assume that no clubs are queuing up for him - which after a year out of course is expected - no matter how attractive a potential he WAS

Given this we are probably the only club who are offering him a contract, or are offering the best if there is a rival offer

The agent seems to suggest we are being 'tight' with our offer. The way I see it, as his best offer (or he'd have left by now) Port Vale and Norman are the most generous club in this respect

It's a bit of a cheek to complain to the HIGHEST bidder that it's not enough. It's life. He had a freak injury and that is cruel - but it's no ones fault - but it will impact on his choices and earnings

The lad had potential, he was exciting but with areas of his game to be improved. At present his fitness and skills are uncertain after a career threatening injury, loyalty works both ways and if he wants to continue at the Vale he has to be prepared to forego a longer term deal for the benefit of staying at a club that knows him. Sharing the risk with a progress related pay deal like Jacko has suggested seems a good compromise. Agents have a job to do, but they also have to be realistic.

Lad had obvious potential even though we only really saw it for a short period of time. Along comes an injury that possibly could curtail his career. Who knows? Until he has proven fitness and ability to continue his improvement in form then it's anyone's guess as to what he would be worth?

Massive gamble for both Vale and lad himself so you can't blame him from wanting assurances of his value and worth to a Club IF he ever regains his undoubted ability. As his agent has now publicly stated he wants Vale to negotiate maybe it is down to Smurf to explore possibilities? Imo Smurf can't win.....damned if he will not budge AND the lad gets fit and becomes an excellent player elsewhere. Damned if he offers carrot and the lad has to give up and retire prematurely. Negotiation is the sensible way forward but only IF both parties are sensible in their demands/offers.

Everyone at Vale would dearly love Andoh to get fit and play havoc down the wing for US. Smurf has to decide the risks and put his money on the table. Valiants then have to accept the situation.

If I had the time and know-how I'd set up a crowd-funder to make sure we keep him here on a decent contract.

Very, very few players of his quality have worn the Vale shirt in my lifetime. I have loved watching him play and think he would be a huge loss.

Very, very few players of his quality have worn the Vale shirt in my lifetime. .

I reckon you're quite young then. He's not in the same league as some in the last 20 years, and his figures of goals and assists are not as good as Lewis Haldanes!

I think we have a very rose tinted view of a player that MIGHT have become a really good player

I am sure there is a communication issue here. On the face of it £500 per week until January to prove his fitness would not seem unreasonable. However I suspect there is more to this than is so far in the public domain.

£500 is about the national minimum wage plus expenses so it's not unreasonable to have an injured player on that amount, smells like an agent worried about his percentage.

Is the reported £500 a week the basic salary without appearance bonuses and the like? If so, can I apply for the job please - I could lie on a treatment table quite successfully of 500 quid a week!

Seriously though, Norman has already said he was prepared to negotiate with Andoh. Perhaps something along the lines of so much now, so much more after he's played 10 games, more still after 20 games etc. If the lad and his agent say no to our final offer then cheerio and good luck.

If we're to believe his agent, Andoh agreed to £500 a week until January to prove his fitness, but did not want to be tied down on a 2 year contract at them wages, which is perfectly reasonable in my eyes.

This negative attitude people have towards Andoh and his injury is completely baffling to me. The lad was playing well and looked promising, suffered one of the worst injuries a footballer can suffer 10 games into his professional career, and yet here you are mocking him for 'lying on the treatment table', almost as if its his fault his isn't playing.

In my eyes, the lads confidence will be knocked, he has a long road ahead of him, and we should be showing our faith in him by telling him he has a contract until January and if he has proven his fitness we can discuss improved wages then. Better than making light of a horrible injury to a talented young player.

Archived