onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The 'other' two

Advert

I personally would be happy with Coleman. I know he failed at Rochdale but if he's given the chance and is a proper, long-term appointment I think he could be ideal. For me, there's a lot to be said for consistency and not changing the manager every five minutes (in fact all three local club's best spells have come when they kept faith with a long-term managerial appointment).

For me, Coleman has worked wonders at Accrington, clearly has the eye to be able to spot a player and plays the right style of football. He seems to be low maintenance and low profile and hopefully would be ambitious enough to step up to a League One club.

That's two of us.

With our budget and knowing what's out there he would seem a logical name to chase. His record on a shoestring is very good and, as you say, he does play football in the right way (if that's important to you).

I can't think of anyone else off hand who we could get here, unless as I've said before, there is a reserve team coach somewhere who is after a chance, like Rudge was years ago.

I'm glad if NS has said that we don't want a journeyman who has been on and off the managerial merry-go-round for the past ten years. No thanks.

Let's think outside the box.

NS says Vale won't be appointing a "journeyman" but don't both Little and (to some extent) Dickov fit that description?

He said the same in Tuesday's interview but corrected himself half way through (18:55) by admitting one of the candidates had "been there, done it and got the t-shirt, but has been out of the game a little while". That must be candidate #1.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03vm7yk

The link to Mourinho seems to be confirmed at 21:40.

Might be wrong, but didn't Smurthwaite have a bit of a spat with Dickov around this time last season? Soemthing to do with O'Connor possibly moving there? I sincerely doubt that he'll be offered the job anyway.

I cannot see it being Dickov. Nothing about him fits the profiles of the three candidates and the timeline is wrong.

Might be wrong, but didn't Smurthwaite have a bit of a spat with Dickov around this time last season? Soemthing to do with O'Connor possibly moving there? I sincerely doubt that he'll be offered the job anyway.

There you go - tells Smurthwaite to "shut their mouth" - and possibly not the most obvious candidate for the job as a result...

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2015/05/dickov-wants-pope-doesnt-want-oconnor-slams-smurthwaite/

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk/2015/05/the-smurthwaite-transcript-which-proves-paul-dickov-is-wrong/

interesting that smurf said his first candidate would instill discipline, but who has been out of the game for a while...............hhmmmm

I know where my money's going , and it's not Little or Dickov,

He's a bit of a Psycho though ...

interesting that smurf said his first candidate would instill discipline, but who has been out of the game for a while...............hhmmmm

Called this last night.

I just hope the elation caused by the possibility doent turn to deflation due to the reality
Always a risk, but faint heart never won fair lady. At least the distraction makes up for the lack of sunshine in these parts at present. But fingers crossed as always.

Is he still involved with the FA in anyway? I'm sure Smurf said one of the candidates was recommended by the FA.

If it was Pearce hes certainly someone to be respected, but I'm not sure of his management abilities.

Archived