onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What the hell is happening to our club?

fuzzyvalefan

Advert

I do Tomo as he's assists red is improving every season of his tenure aside from one which isn't a bad record at all.

It will be an interesting next 4-6 weeks but exciting all the same.

His what?

Think he meant insists the red (as in debt/financial situation) is improving every season?

REP, I'm the most optimistic supporter in relation to on the field, but when it comes to off the field, I wish I had your confidence. I've supported since Sept 2001, & off the field has been nothing but a complete circus ever since. I hope you're right.

Whats up with vale fans? Calm down. The new manager will be in place and have a steady core of players to work with. The "clique" of the club are moving on and hopefully the new players coming in will be more hungry for success and not bottle it every time we reach within 3 points of the playoffs.

I'm more than happy to wait for the right manager. And in the mean time we'll just watch our out of contract players leave to find clubs "at there level"

Think he meant insists the red (as in debt/financial situation) is improving every season?

Isnt he donating 80K a month then?... isnt that why he was asking 4.5M for the club, to get his money back?.. how much did he pay? 1.3M?

REP, I'm the most optimistic supporter in relation to on the field, but when it comes to off the field, I wish I had your confidence. I've supported since Sept 2001, & off the field has been nothing but a complete circus ever since. I hope you're right.

cant argue with that

Its more than just losing Dodds and Duffy. Those moves are symptomatic of what appears to be happening to our club- budgets being slashed, pitiful contracts being offered out, no organisation, no leadership, no communication. The club is a rudderless ship at the moment and as I said originally- there just seems to be a malaise about the club.

Dodds was offered the same as last year....

Some people are saying that as the club couldn't be sold, at least not at a market value price, the manager was sold for his compensation and the highest earners (Neal, Dodds, Okey, Duffy) offered modest (ahem) contracts to further cut bills.

Time will tell whether they are right are not, a positive signal of some sort would be very welcome instead of having to cling to the detritus, tat and debris that make up posts by 'people' who actually admit they have drunk more than they can obviously handle, and see the world through spitoon laced glasses.

We should keep a sense of perspective. Duffy has gone, he was OK on the field, no more than that. He chose to drop down two divisions so he clearly chose money ahead of ambition. He will be 31 soon, so I cannot blame him. On the field Dodds has been inconsistent, but mostly decent value for 8 years without ever setting the world alight. In the dressing room he has been of great value. However this is his last chance of a contract to pull in bigger money (he will be 31 when this contract at Shrewsbury ends). Again I cannot blame him, without knowing the sums involved we could not say for sure if he is worth what he wanted, but if Shrews will pay it so be it. O'Connor was always going to go, the journey from Lincoln each day must be a killer. Even if no one else had left I suspect he would have gone, the statement he made at the end of the season suggested as much.

It is unrealistic to continue to pay out more than we take in. Whatever Norman has paid in no one can blame him for now saying the club must pay its own way, it must. At least by ensuring it pays its way the club will survive. However, Norman must improve his PR and he must ensure that the club is run properly as a business, which is has not been for a while.

On the field, let us not forget what Leicester have just achieved. It is not all about money. Braintree Town (close to me) finished ahead of Eastleigh. Braintree are part timers, with gates of about 600-700 yet they almost got into the football league. Accrington Stanley with the lowest budget in the football league almost got promotion. Burton with their tiny budget will be playing derby games against Birmingham City and Aston Villa next season. It is not about the money spent, it is about what you do with what you have.

Let us keep a sense of perspective and look forward to the long term survival of Port Vale. However, this is not a full endorsement of Norman, he needs to improve his work, just as he is looking for the players to improve their outputs as well.

Some people are saying that as the club couldn't be sold, at least not at a market value price, the manager was sold for his compensation and the highest earners (Neal, Dodds, Okey, Duffy) offered modest (ahem) contracts to further cut bills.

Time will tell whether they are right are not, a positive signal of some sort would be very welcome instead of having to cling to the detritus, tat and debris that make up posts by 'people' who actually admit they have drunk more than they can obviously handle, and see the world through spitoon laced glasses.

Once again Dodds was offered the same terms....

Everything is fine. This is just a normal pre season. The manager and nearly all of the out of contact players always leave their club in the summer. It's a good thing. Get behind Norman. I never liked Grant when he leaves as well. head-in-sand.png

REP, I'm one of the ones who are worried that both the manager & players are leaving. I'm not worried because I feel they could have taken us to the Championship, the manager was average & the players (for the most part) too, but I'm worried, because I have no confidence in Smurf to replace either, especially on what could be a very low budget if people aren't given any sort of encouragement to buy STs.

We've gone from being stable & kept mid-table, to possibly not having the funds to bring in the same quality (this existing mid-table side has been offered a pay-cut, so we assume any players to come in will be on less money than the ones last season)

Do you have confidence in him to find the replacements?

Was it not Smurf who got Andoh, Innis, Streete and Hooper? I'd say his eye for a player is pretty good to be fair.

I do Tomo as he's assists red is improving every season of his tenure aside from one which isn't a bad record at all.

It will be an interesting next 4-6 weeks but exciting all the same.

Sorry Tomo that should have read....

I do Tomo as he's assisted us improving every season of his tenure aside from one which isn't a bad record at all.

Like the season we came out of administration and got promoted?

We had a Manager throughout the whole pre season that year. I remember feeling quite positive at the time as I had faith in Adams building a decent squad. All we have now is Smurf arguing with and belittling fans on twitter. I can't say I'm feeling the same optimism.

Was it not Smurf who got Andoh, Innis, Streete and Hooper? I'd say his eye for a player is pretty good to be fair.

No it isn't. Andoh was starting to look good after a years development, Innis is always injured, Streete looks like a rabbit in the headlights and JJ is doing OK but needs much more development. If we have a whole squad of similar players we may not win many games next season.

Archived