onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Chris Neal

Hagrid

He's been released today, and whilst we may have expected it, I still feel I should post something as a way of thanks to Chris Neal.

We had years of dodgy keepers as we plummeted down the leagues, and Neal came in and has been a highly reliable goalkeeper we all trusted. He was one of our best players in the promotion season and the subsequent 2 seasons and it's a shame to see him leave like this.

Whoever signs him are getting a highly-accomplished, trustworthy keeper. Good luck to him.

Advert

Only lost his place due to that serious injury, we would never have signed Alnwick but for that. So with that in mind very unfortunate to be in this position.

All the best Chris, you were the first keeper we had in years where I didn't actually feel nervous about that position!

Thanks for the service you have given at Vale. You will be looked as one of the best goalies we have had at Vale.

When you play against Vale, please have a mare of a game and not save our shots at goal.

Good luck at your next club.

As has already been said Chris Neal was the first keeper since Goodlad who didn't have me holding my breath everytime a cross came over.

I understand Page's actions but just hope that he doesn't live to regret the decision.

Best of luck to Neal. He's been a cracking servant. I think he's the best keeper at the club and I wanted him to stay, but understand why he's not going to.

Alnwick needs to make good on the potential and get sold on in the next 12 months for a good fee. Otherwise we've lost a great keeper for very little reason.

All the best and thanks Chris, dont think you will have any trouble finding a club. Still think we have let the best keeper go.....who made that decision Rob or Smurf.:banghead:

I agree, massively unlucky to find himself let go, one of the best keepers in lge1 and I also fear we've let the best keeper go.

Alnwick is still young and still learning. He's made some very good saves this year and yes he's made a couple of mistakes and could be more dominant in the air and improve his communication but he's got the potential to learn. He's probably on a lower wage than neal and I'd rather use that on a big dominant centre half or a striker. Neal is a good keeper but he also makes mistakes. Barnsley away last season for example when he made an absolute howler. All the best to neal.

Archived