onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 0 - Fleetwood 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

I thought Fleetwood played well and were particularly dangerous at the start of each half and in the last 5 minutes. We lacked presence up front and today a Pope type player may have disturbed them more than a running game and inter passing on the edge of the box. We had some chances but they can argue the one that hit the bar and another incident were better. So we now face two more tough games, but Sheffield and Southend can be beaten if we play well.

Advert

We are meandering slowly towards mid-table safety. And that's about right from what I've watched this year, which has been a mixture of the sublime and the ridiculous.

But we have never, ever looked like scoring enough goals and our forward line must be one of the poorest we've had for a long time.

I must get a different view of things up in the Bycars. I thought it was a reasonable game. Granted, not like last week but certainly not the worst and definitely better than the Bradford game. They are scrapping and so always likely to be niggly, but I didn't think they were that bad a side with some good players who we prepared to carry the ball allowing them to keep organised at the back. And the pitch certainly didn't help.

I would defy anyone to say they didn't enjoy watching Kennedy today. A real talent, just needs to work on his final ball and set pieces. Hope we get to keep him for the rest of the year. Granty had a strange game, winning possession but then giving the ball away. The disappointment today for me was AJLS, largely anonymous until that big chance came his way which he really ought to have done better with.

I wouldn't say the defence looked entirely comfortable, and were indebted to Alnwick for what looked an incredible save, not long after we'd got a bit of fortune when they hit the bar.

We did press well though and did try to do the right things for the most part. Sometimes to have to credit the opposition for their work. But it certainly wasn't the snorefest some are saying it was IMO.

For me the feeling around the Vale isn't great at the moment. Alot of that is down to the chairman and his wreckless and Ill thought out comments. The guy is a hypocrit. He wants more fans through the gate but continues to spout rubbish during the week which deflates any good feeling built from last Sunday's performance. When your own chairman is doing that, what can you do really. It's pathetic & embarrassing.

As a Vale fan at the moment I'm sure I'm not the only one who is thinking that it's all going to end up in tears for us. We have a chairman who doesn't want to be here & continues to shoot himself in the foot at any given opportunity. 800k off the budget next year, I accept Norman. But why come out with it in a week when we are trying to build some momentum and push on. Your actions are baffling. I feel sorry for Page, I think he's a decent manager and will have success at this level. Unfortunately it won't be with us. The same can be said for some of our brighter players.

How can anybody expect vale fans to turn up in their numbers given the cloud which constantly gets dragged over Vale Park by our very own chairman. He might aswell come out and say, next year is a relegation battle. I'm sure they'll be flocking for season tickets. If my manager at work said that there were going to be massive paycuts in 4 months time, would I be totally focused on the job? Would I heck, I'd be looking at my options elsewhere.

Poor game today, could've won it and could've lost it second half. Missing a goal poacher as we all know. Page has done his best with the hand he has been dealt. We certainly don't have the 9th largest budget in league 1. We are a mid table side, some weeks we look great others clueless. The only way more fans will ever come through the gate is when you begin to build momentum & there is a buzz about the place, a la Burton & Shrews home games a few years ago. It's a pity we have the most naive chairman in the league.

Well done Vale on a decent season so far, home form has been terrific and I really do sometimes wonder what the hell people are expecting. Only time will tell what the next few years hold, but progress in terms of league position seems a million miles away, through no fault of the current manager & players. Normans "championship plan" has gone to pot. As have his "I now know what it takes to get out of this league, valiants" comments after last seasons league 1 playoff final.

Keep supporting the lads, I fear they are gona need us more than ever over the next season or 2.

For me the feeling around the Vale isn't great at the moment. Alot of that is down to the chairman and his wreckless and Ill thought out comments. The guy is a hypocrit. He wants more fans through the gate but continues to spout rubbish during the week which deflates any good feeling built from last Sunday's performance. When your own chairman is doing that, what can you do really. It's pathetic & embarrassing.

As a Vale fan at the moment I'm sure I'm not the only one who is thinking that it's all going to end up in tears for us. We have a chairman who doesn't want to be here & continues to shoot himself in the foot at any given opportunity. 800k off the budget next year, I accept Norman. But why come out with it in a week when we are trying to build some momentum and push on. Your actions are baffling. I feel sorry for Page, I think he's a decent manager and will have success at this level. Unfortunately it won't be with us. The same can be said for some of our brighter players.

How can anybody expect vale fans to turn up in their numbers given the cloud which constantly gets dragged over Vale Park by our very own chairman. He might aswell come out and say, next year is a relegation battle. I'm sure they'll be flocking for season tickets. If my manager at work said that there were going to be massive paycuts in 4 months time, would I be totally focused on the job? Would I heck, I'd be looking at my options elsewhere.

Poor game today, could've won it and could've lost it second half. Missing a goal poacher as we all know. Page has done his best with the hand he has been dealt. We certainly don't have the 9th largest budget in league 1. We are a mid table side, some weeks we look great others clueless. The only way more fans will ever come through the gate is when you begin to build momentum & there is a buzz about the place, a la Burton & Shrews home games a few years ago. It's a pity we have the most naive chairman in the league.

Well done Vale on a decent season so far, home form has been terrific and I really do sometimes wonder what the hell people are expecting. Only time will tell what the next few years hold, but progress in terms of league position seems a million miles away, through no fault of the current manager & players. Normans "championship plan" has gone to pot. As have his "I now know what it takes to get out of this league, valiants" comments after last seasons league 1 playoff final.

Keep supporting the lads, I fear they are gona need us more than ever over the next season or 2.

Brilliant post

Not read all of this, anyone else hear that norm has withdrawn the club from sale?

Poor game, could've lost, but didn't.

Just shows that we're not play off contenders.

Chap in front of me in the paddock thought so, since it was the only explanation for the outburst this week as the price had not been met and he was stuck with the Vale.

Chap in front of me in the paddock thought so, since it was the only explanation for the outburst this week as the price had not been met and he was stuck with the Vale.

If what The chairman says is true and one bidder has an exclusivity agreement until the end of the February then they will have paid a deposit for that exclusivity. If the chairman then withdraws the club from sale before that period ends then surely he will have to pay that cash back. Can't see Norm parting with cash unnecessarily.

We had 4000 home fans. Really can't expect to be taking the league by storm. All in all' date=' we're doing okay, however the doom and gloom of fans is the only thing putting me off at the moment.[/quote']

Try telling that to Burton, Walsall....

I blame Norman for the dip in crowds, his continually positivity is really working wonders.... The attendances started rapidly declining when he accused vale fans to be thugs and racists.

The best thing that could happen would be for the 'buyer' to buy the club and sink in half a mill on a couple of strikers and a goal scoring midfielder - on loan... Proven players.

Thought we played well today but lacked end product, there were also too many players who had the touch of an elephant!

Archived