Advert

Port Vale 0 - Fleetwood 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Here r my marks

ALNWICK 7

PURKISS 8 Duffy 7 Mcgivern 8 Dicko 6

Moore 7 Foley 8 Grant 7 Kennedy 9

AJLS 6 Robinson 7 .

Majority of the game we controlled ,be interesting c how many balls we put in the box ,if there's a criticism then r we brave enough ,time after time decent ball was coming in and a Fleetwood head was on it .

Purkiss did he waste a ball he was terrific as was Kennedy shame that header didn't go in .

I though Robinson was very good he put Foley in first half and it was his effort at goal that Foley got to the rebound on that other excellent attack ,AJLS should have been taken off not Robinson.

Advert

Sandos is bristling with excitement over Crewho's draw, not to mention that lot winning away.

Crewe were playing Walsall - crewe have been bottom most of the season and Walsall in the top 3 Why wouldn't anyone think that an excellent result for crewe ?

**** have lost the last 3 by 3 goals - everyone said this was a must win game ........ They won. It was exactly what they had to do.

We couldn't beat Fleetwood ........ What did you want RS to say ... "fantastic result Vale - that type of precise passing football and constant shots on goals will have you in the Championship next season "

If what The chairman says is true and one bidder has an exclusivity agreement until the end of the February then they will have paid a deposit for that exclusivity. If the chairman then withdraws the club from sale before that period ends then surely he will have to pay that cash back. Can't see Norm parting with cash unnecessarily.

Nor can I, more likely would be that he realised he would not get his money back, and would just go through the motions until the end of Feb. Even more likely just being Norman.

Now that I've read all the way through this thread, it seems that the view from Biddulph and Alsager is a lot clearer than that from Vale Park. Not our best game by any means but struggling, fighting teams are always the hardest to play against at this stage of the season. The good points were maintaining our home record, Robinson's best performance to date (although he is clearly not fully match fit yet), some excellent build up play when the finish did not quite come off with good work from Grant, Foley, Moore, Kennedy and Purkiss. Bad points: far too many high crosses into the box which were meat and drink to the big Fleetwood defence and sections of the crowd who moaned and groaned every time one of our players tried to create something which did not quite come off. Ugly points: all the posters who come on here simply to criticise the chairman who has done and continues to do marvellous work for the club.

Come on Nick,we all have opinions and i do appreciate you have yours but it is getting so boring now....did you comment much on the Coventry thread and congrate Page and the boys for a fantastic performance and a cracking display of football??????

I am not bored :D

I have been told not to comment on games as I don't go. Make your mind up please.

How do you congrate someone , does it mean take the pith?

Crewe were playing Walsall - crewe have been bottom most of the season and Walsall in the top 3 Why wouldn't anyone think that an excellent result for crewe ?

**** have lost the last 3 by 3 goals - everyone said this was a must win game ........ They won. It was exactly what they had to do.

We couldn't beat Fleetwood ........ What did you want RS to say ... "fantastic result Vale - that type of precise passing football and constant shots on goals will have you in the Championship next season "

I wouldn't expect them to say anything. That's my point.

Some posts on this board really make me feel like self harming!

On paper should we have won today? Probably but football isn't played on paper and lets be fair, far, far, far better teams than ours have failed to break 11 men behind the ball down.

Before the season started the overwhelming wish/prediction from people here was for us to be top half, with an outside chance for the play offs. I genuinely don't recall an overwhelming number of people predicting top 4 but i may be wrong! Guess what, we are a lower half budget team punching above it weight in a division which will always be full of inconsistent teams. I really cant understand what people are expecting!

Some posts on this board really make me feel like self harming!

On paper should we have won today? Probably but football isn't played on paper and lets be fair, far, far, far better teams than ours have failed to break 11 men behind the ball down.

Before the season started the overwhelming wish/prediction from people here was for us to be top half, with an outside chance for the play offs. I genuinely don't recall an overwhelming number of people predicting top 4 but i may be wrong! Guess what, we are a lower half budget team punching above it weight in a division which will always be full of inconsistent teams. I really cant understand what people are expecting!

You sound like Page, sick of hearing people saying we should be happy where we are, why when teams who are similar sized to us nearly 20 points in front of us. We will have a bottom of the table budget if the clown is in charge next year but think we should have competed this year considering some of the sides at the top of the table.

You sound like Page, sick of hearing people saying we should be happy where we are, why when teams who are similar sized to us nearly 20 points in front of us. We will have a bottom of the table budget if the clown is in charge next year but think we should have competed this year considering some of the sides at the top of the table.

Happy? No. Content? Probably

The argument that we should be unhappy because lower budget teams are above ius can easily be countered by the fact larger budget teams are below us.

It's like being a Watford fan and being unhappy because Leicester are top.

We don't need to rehearse again the many reasons why we are struggling to attract fans, not least of which is the fact that moneybags Coates and SKY tv can subsidise our neighbours massively, but despite the odd sparkling performance and solid home record we are not creating many decent chances and we are not scoring enough goals.

3/4 recent home games have been poor entertainment, in my view, and I bet you can count the number of on target goal attempts we've had in those matches (Swindon, Bradford & Fleetwood) on the fingers of one hand. I tell a lie - it was 6 shots on goal according to the BBC, in 270 minutes.

We simply have to score more goals and provide more penalty box excitement for the fans.

But we are too lightweight and haven't got the quality in the team to unlock better defences.

Even though I thought we were the better team today, we could so easily have lost it. Alnwick made a better save than their keeper did in 90 minutes and we were very lucky with the one that came back off the underside of the bar. I was grateful for a point at the end of the day. We are edging our way to the magical 50 point mark.

Happy? No. Content? Probably

The argument that we should be unhappy because lower budget teams are above ius can easily be countered by the fact larger budget teams are below us.

It's like being a Watford fan and being unhappy because Leicester are top.

Watford have a larger budget than Leicester?

Archived