onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Swindon T 0, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Interesting last night to watch Inniss and Duffy together. Inniss organising the defence calmly with gestures and the odd word. Hardly a word from Duffy just doing as he was told rather than rollicking everyone around him constantly. It would seem that Inniss has a wise and respected head on young shoulders as well as being a pretty good centre back.

Interesting last night to watch Inniss and Duffy together. Inniss organising the defence calmly with gestures and the odd word. Hardly a word from Duffy just doing as he was told rather than rollicking everyone around him constantly. It would seem that Inniss has a wise and respected head on young shoulders as well as being a pretty good centre back.

I've said before, Ryan Innis will go a long way in football, all being well.

Can't understand most negativity round last night. Swindon had most of possession but Alnwick only had to make 3 saves & 2 of those were straight at him. Everything else was a thirty yard shank. Thought we dominated chances and had our final ball been better, would have scored 4 or 5.

Of course I want u us to win playing great football every week, but that's never going to happen. Not even with the best teams. Sometimes you just have to win the game and move on. That's exactly what we did.

And can we end this obsession with stay aways?! If anyone is not going to vale park, they're missing out. Our home form is brilliant.

Oh and lost word about Granty. What a performance! He was everywhere. If he could, he'd have tackled himself last night.

Last nights attendance most have been a total guess season ticket holder in bycars got to turnstile early two people in turnstile one looked at season ticket the other gave me a ticket said scanners had failed just checked ticket they gave me no number on ticket so I take it there was no head count last night

Yeah pretty sure the attendance was completely false, my card was glanced at, nothing recorded & no machine. We weren't pretty, & didn't have the possession, but who cares, we had loads of chances & on another day could have been 3 or 4 up. Atmosphere in certain areas of the ground was poisonous at times though, I've never heard so much abuse & negativity directed at players of our own team.

Was happy with the win, not a great game to watch, but Swindon did nothing with the ball, were terrible at the back & couldn't handle our counter. Another half an hour and I'm sure we would have panned them eventually.

If they had abit more luck they cud have had 4 or 5, I will take the 3 points and all teams have to win ugly sometimes but u can't expect to put bums on seats with performances like that surely?

A bit more luck????? I can only remember Alnwick making one save

Also they had that much possession because they pack the midfield and with Page now playing with 2 strikers(as most wanted) that is bound to happen every now and again

I dont think its a co-incidence that we lose Mcgivern and keep a clean sheet. Duffy has only been playing badly since Mcgivern partnered him, mainly because duffys trying to cover for mcgivern and stop him wandering off, its hard enough concentrating on your own game let alone someone elses.

For me, I couldn't pick fault with the back four last night. The centre mids stuck at it, but the quality in the final third was woeful at times. From both sides. Almost like a kids match.

The game opened up very early in the second half and the amount of poor decision making and badly executed final balls was disappointing. We had three or four good opportunities where we had an overload in their half which we wasted.

Kennedy doesn't look fit - has he been out injured? Disappointed with his decision making as well. Robinson looked like he had the wrong studs in all game. Overall we had enough chances to put the game to bed very early against a team with a massive injury crisis.

Wouldnt worry too much about a couple of extra games played at this stage, loads of games coming up where those in the top 9 are playing each other to negate the games played figure. Walsall hammering Millwall at home next up would be a good start for example…..

Come the seasons end whos gonna care just HOW we played at home to Swindon in February IF we get 6th spot by a point!?…….

I don't disagree with you.

For me, I couldn't pick fault with the back four last night. The centre mids stuck at it, but the quality in the final third was woeful at times. From both sides. Almost like a kids match.

The game opened up very early in the second half and the amount of poor decision making and badly executed final balls was disappointing. We had three or four good opportunities where we had an overload in their half which we wasted.

Kennedy doesn't look fit - has he been out injured? Disappointed with his decision making as well. Robinson looked like he had the wrong studs in all game. Overall we had enough chances to put the game to bed very early against a team with a massive injury crisis.

It wasn't the best game attacking wise, but the way we stopped them ever really getting in our area was very impressive.

As for Kennedy, he was knackered after 25 mins at Doncaster last week, so to make it to 70 mins last night was a massive improvement. He did make a couple of poor decisions but overall I thought he looked a threat. Not sure why him and Dodds switched after Kennedy went down 1st half. Both wide men were having success on their original flank, it all went a bit quiet after they switched. In my opinion, a good performance in a different way. For the 1st time in a while we looked solid and unlikely to concede. Down to Innis maybe?

Played badly? Maybe. One thing we did well though was defend resolutely and dominantly limiting Swindle to few chances. You could easily argue for a 3-1 win to us if both sides had taken a better share of their opportunities. Inniss was a welcome return and moving forward we need a player like him in the side. He's dominant in the air and on the deck and seems to instill confidence in those around him as Duffy upped his game and looked more comfortable. Purkiss and Dickinson had two of their best games of the season for me, defending stubbornly whilst adding to the attack where possible.

Midfield was solid but in the final third too many wrong passes were made but we covered our bums and got back when we gave it away. Kennedy looks a raw talent and in his defence he works hard to help his full back so that definitely helps over Kelly. Dodds had a good first half but faded and Byron added a little bit of grit when we needed it towards the end.

Up top Ajay looked threatening and Robinson showed a few neat touches but looks far short of match sharpness yet. Hooper was incredibly unlucky not to be on the scoresheet and I think a couple of games on the bench but coming on with 20 mins to go will do him good.

Overall a welcome three points and we've played better and worse this season so no grumbles here. We'll have to go up a couple of gears to beat Coventry but we do seem to up it for the bigger games.

Archived