onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Swindon T 0, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Aston Villa had 32% and 6 shots.They're doomed to the Championship. But who's bothered about Villa or Arsenal?

Not me. But I don't give 2 hoots about % possession or the amount of shots we had. The only stat that counts is the amount of points gained and , as it stands, we're 8th in the league. 8th! If you had offered anybody that at the start of the season - how do you fancy being 8th in the league, a point (plus goal difference) off the play-offs, in the first week of February - they would have bitten your hand off.

very sad indeed that many are very quick to give Smurf and Vale in General grief and yes I understand the away form is woeful. However, we have lost only one game at home, we have a +10 Goal difference.

Why was there only 3,100 vale fans there tonight.

You reap what you sow!!

Only 3100 there cus there is no entertainment in Vale matches, yes by some miracle we have scraped a win but Swindon dominated and made us look like a bunch of little boys, are attendances will only fall from here.

Only 3100 there cus there is no entertainment in Vale matches, yes by some miracle we have scraped a win but Swindon dominated and made us look like a bunch of little boys, are attendances will only fall from here.

Swindon had a large proportion of the possession but achieved very little, if our end product from the wings had been better that could easily have been 3-0 with les than 30% possession. Who cares about possession as long as we can contain it!!!!!

Next thing I am waiting for is the phrase negative tactics!!!!

It was a good win against a well set-up and strong defence.

swindon dominated? I must have been watching a different game to you.

We played like we were the away team today, a good early start and then after that nothing apart from the Dodds effort that hit the post for the remainder of the half.

Second half saw Swindon dominate possession but they had no cutting edge whatsoever, we relied on counter attacks, looked much better when JJ came on, not quite sure why he didn't start.

Defensively looked better with Innis and Purkiss back in the side but not sure whether that was down to Swindon been so poor going forward.

I know we are 8th and only a point off the play but we need see where we are in the coming weeks when teams play their games in hand, we played more than everyone, all the teams below got 2 or 3 games in hand, if Millwall win both be 7 points off.

Swindon had a large proportion of the possession but achieved very little, if our end product from the wings had been better that could easily have been 3-0 with les than 30% possession. Who cares about possession as long as we can contain it!!!!!

Next thing I am waiting for is the phrase negative tactics!!!!

It was a good win against a well set-up and strong defence.

If they had abit more luck they cud have had 4 or 5, I will take the 3 points and all teams have to win ugly sometimes but u can't expect to put bums on seats with performances like that surely?

Again I've been to a different game to some on here. Thought we played ok tonight and with a bit of luck (Dodds's stunning effort hitting the post) or the right final ball we'd have got the second goal that would have killed it. Swindon passed the ball ok but Alnwick had very little to do. Innis's height and aggression makes a difference at the back but my MoM was Grant who was outstanding tonight.

Not me. But I don't give 2 hoots about % possession or the amount of shots we had. The only stat that counts is the amount of points gained and , as it stands, we're 8th in the league. 8th! If you had offered anybody that at the start of the season - how do you fancy being 8th in the league, a point (plus goal difference) off the play-offs, in the first week of February - they would have bitten your hand off.

8th looking good although having played 2/3 games more that most others. But the quality, or lack of is obvious in the other postings on here tonight. Nice to get 3 points from poor quality and I'm as happy as you whilst at the same time being realistic. The nights performance was obviously not as what we would have liked.

Where do you drink before the game? It must be good stuff! Get bed son, you sound as though your well piśşed!!

8th looking good although having played 2/3 games more that most others. But the quality, or lack of is obvious in the other postings on here tonight. Nice to get 3 points from poor quality and I'm as happy as you whilst at the same time being realistic. The nights performance was obviously not as what we would have liked.

The sign of a decent side is being able to win ugly. We will play (and have played) a lot better than tonight but come away with zilch. I know which I (and you) would prefer.

Archived