onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adam yates

panhead

Advert

No, you are not, but I disagree and so do some others who don't expect world class players for peanuts wages.

Yatesy has been a good squad player who has had some good and a couple of bad games this season and is equally as good as many of the defenders in league 1, maybe not the top few clubs but certainly he has contributed and for a player on a modest wage has been an asset.

He has also served Vale well over a number of years and deserves credit for that when he does finish playing for us.

agreed, since he got back into the team we've played reasonably well, and agree with what SOTT posted ...which is usual on here if nothing's happening...now who else can we have a go at.

I'm bored today and Vale lost on Saturday, albeit away to possibly the strongest team in the division, so let's pick a player and un-constructively slag him off for no particular reason. That should motivate the team and encourage more people to come to matches.

Brilliant. It'd be Birchall if he wasn't injured. Some posters on here come across as pretty unpleasant people.

Brilliant. It'd be Birchall if he wasn't injured. Some posters on here come across as pretty unpleasant people.

People are just having opinions on what they see. Some posters are a little over the top but when 1500 of us go and see the garbage and poor effort and all the other away matches then I guess we are entitled to that opinion-not forgetting these footballers are being paid for it. And you called a vale fan an idiot the other day who was just having an opinion on the radio and some would see that as unpleasant.

I kind of agree but you've got a load of fans arguing about who exactly is the worst, if it's not Doddsy it's Yates, McGivern, Duffy, each fan has their favourites and the players that they dislike, who they consider poor, lazy, not tall enough, too tall. It just seems that some of the opinions given are a little extreme. These blokes don't go out to have poor games or make mistakes, Yates for example on Saturday came up against one hell of a decent winger and sadly he couldn't cope. Had he had some support then he may have been able to stall him for a while.

It always happens and it always will, unfortunately Wigan were head and shoulders above us on Saturday both as a team and as individuals.

Yates has done ok this season. 6 or 7 out of 10 every time I've seen him.

He's a decent squad player, and purkiss hasn't hit the highs that he did in the first 8 weeks of the season.

With our budget, who do you want as our back up right back??

A little realism is required from a lot of vale fans at the moment.

agreed, since he got back into the team we've played reasonably well, and agree with what SOTT posted ...which is usual on here if nothing's happening...now who else can we have a go at.

Glad to see some sensible realism from several posters.

Debate is fine, and those that think Yatesy is not for Vale are entitled to their opinion, what is despicable is when you get posts that try to manipulate opinion and create a 'clique' majority that does not exist with remarks like '99 per cent of Vale fans think this'. To anyone who says that..... speak for yourself, not others.

People are just having opinions on what they see. Some posters are a little over the top but when 1500 of us go and see the garbage and poor effort and all the other away matches then I guess we are entitled to that opinion-not forgetting these footballers are being paid for it.

I appreciate that, I really do, but too often it comes across as vindictive and some seem to actively be wanting Page and certain players to fail. There are people on here who express their frustrations in a certain manner and others who just seem to be eager to spew hatred at Vale players or the manager. Yes, Saturday was rubbish but the likes of Jacko and Nelly don't feel the need to come on saying how half the team are **** and we should get rid. They come across like some Moe Szyslak headed hate-mob! "Burn him!!"

And you called a vale fan an idiot the other day who was just having an opinion on the radio and some would see that as unpleasant.

That'd be the bloke on Radio Stoke who said we'd gone backwards as a club since Norman took over, slagged him off for 'never telling us anything' and then said that he needs to keep his mouth shut and keep stuff behind closed doors! Admittedly not the kindest thing I could have said but not nearly as unpleasant as some of the comments directed at our own players on here.

I appreciate that, I really do, but too often it comes across as vindictive and some seem to actively be wanting Page and certain players to fail. There are people on here who express their frustrations in a certain manner and others who just seem to be eager to spew hatred at Vale players or the manager. Yes, Saturday was rubbish but the likes of Jacko and Nelly don't feel the need to come on saying how half the team are **** and we should get rid. They come across like some Moe Szyslak headed hate-mob! "Burn him!!"

That'd be the bloke on Radio Stoke who said we'd gone backwards as a club since Norman took over, slagged him off for 'never telling us anything' and then said that he needs to keep his mouth shut and keep stuff behind closed doors! Admittedly not the kindest thing I could have said but not nearly as unpleasant as some of the comments directed at our own players on here.

When the comments about the players get personal that's when it goes too far. But they are paid to play and we pay to see them so should get an opinion. But there is a minority who perhaps go too far. I didn't hear his interview but if he said that then I may disagree with him too but i wouldn't go as far as name calling. He's a vale fan so entitled to an opinion.

I don't think anyone is denying that yates has been a reasonable servant to the vale over the years. He's a local lad (he's not a vale fan by the way, that's a common misconception) Sometimes however people let sentiment cloud their judgement and unfortunately football is a cruel game. Personally I wouldn't have kept yates even if he is on low wages. Even when playing as back up, he's too costly in this league and his distribution often leads to more trouble. As someone said earlier, even someone like purkiss (who is no world beater) shows yates up massively in this aspect. I like the guy and he's obviously a decent pro but he should be nowhere near our first team unless we're absolutely down to the bare bones. This sort of attitude seems harsh to some people but it's being too nice that I feel will be Page's ultimate downfall.

You clearly haven't been matches this season then. Or last for that matter.

You are clearly wrong! I would suggest that u have seen 99% of games for the last 10 years and more than most on this site. I just happen to disagree with you. You clearly don't know an honest and committed player!

Archived