onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 12th Jan 2016, Port Vale v Swindon, pre-match comments, MATCH OFF

Fosse69

Advert

A whole new year, who knows what it will bring, but one game at a time, let us start off with a resounding win.

A resounding win that would be brill .

Bogey side hate playing them as we don't usually have the run of the ball v them .

Although we did manage a 2-2 draw thanks to a soft pen .

One things for sure there is nothing to fear and I'd expect Vale play like there is nothing to fear.

They play in red and white there is the motivation straight off.

Team well I'd like us try to put swindon on the back foot immediately so here is mine .

ALNWICK

PURKISS DUFFY MCGIVERN DICKO

BROWN O'CONNOR

MOORE FOLEY KELLY

UCHE OR JJ

I'D be telling Foley to run beyond uche or jj all game long ,this lad as the talent get goals and I believe he can .

Kelly get the ball and go at them ,his goal was worth the admission yesterday but I want to c a positive all round game from him with him believing in himself all the time .

Moore is the same I want to c along with Foley him making positive runs and driving at the heart of the opposition, he is good enough I want a goal out of him .

A go for it performance I want ,but would I settle for a dull game and a striker coming off the bench to win it of course I would ,horses for courses though .

Page got lucky yesterday though a individuals brilliance ,ok team formation but as my mate says we ain't creating enough on the 2nd of Jan I hope that changes .

Hopefully a decent crowd .

Also one other observation why is page reluctant to try say Kelly on the right and Moore on the left as it shown with those happy lardie lovers it works to have players who can play with there other foot coming in from the other side ( shaqiri and the Austrian ).

Well Swindon have just announced that Martin Ling has resigned due to health reasons, hopefully nothing too serious.

Not sure whether Brown can play twice in 5 days, if he can and if AJ is fit, think it would be;

Alnwick

Purkiss

Duffy

McGivern

Dicko

Moore

O'Connor

Brown

Foley

Kelly

AJ

If AJ is out injured I would JJ a chance but think Page will just move Daniel up top.

Well Swindon have just announced that Martin Ling has resigned due to health reasons, hopefully nothing too serious.

Not sure whether Brown can play twice in 5 days, if he can and if AJ is fit, think it would be;

Alnwick

Purkiss

Duffy

McGivern

Dicko

Moore

O'Connor

Brown

Foley

Kelly

AJ

If AJ is out injured I would JJ a chance but think Page will just move Daniel up top.

Didn't Ling resign from somewhere else earlier in his career and the same reasons given?

I really don't like Swindon and the tactics they've used in the past. Their timewasting is a joke and that numpty that decided to punch the ball after his teammate sat down for a rest just sums them up. But they're a team that we don't seem to do so well against. They'll be much different than Bury and Ajose plays differently than Pope and Clarke so defensively they'll be a different challenge to manage. Really didn't get an impression on Hooper on Saturday, think he needs more gametime, If Ajay is injured then Hooper should come in as Daniel had a poor 2nd half when he moved up top. One impression Hooper gives is that he has a lot of pace. Will love to get a win against them.

I really don't like Swindon and the tactics they've used in the past. Their timewasting is a joke and that numpty that decided to punch the ball after his teammate sat down for a rest just sums them up. But they're a team that we don't seem to do so well against. They'll be much different than Bury and Ajose plays differently than Pope and Clarke so defensively they'll be a different challenge to manage. Really didn't get an impression on Hooper on Saturday, think he needs more gametime, If Ajay is injured then Hooper should come in as Daniel had a poor 2nd half when he moved up top. One impression Hooper gives is that he has a lot of pace. Will love to get a win against them.

The bit about pace is true with hooper I noticed that I personally if I was manager would tell him today he is in the starting xl ,hopefully he will buzz off that and do the business sat and every game after.

Archived