ScunthorpevWigan

15:00

Sheff UtdvPeterborough

SouthendvDoncaster

WalsallvRochdale

15:0

Very surprised they have arranged it for next Tuesday. I know we only had the 1 home match scheduled before February but the forecast for the next week is more rain, a Tuesday night in January just after Christmas and New Year, we are likely to see the lowest crowd of the season for this one.

It would have more sense to play in March or April for me when we have only one Tuesday night match scheduled.

Very surprised they have arranged it for next Tuesday. I know we only had the 1 home match scheduled before February but the forecast for the next week is more rain, a Tuesday night in January just after Christmas and New Year, we are likely to see the lowest crowd of the season for this one.

It would have more sense to play in March or April for me when we have only one Tuesday night match scheduled.

Puts to bed the ludicrous conspiracy theories that we don't want to play it!

It really should of been replayed Tues 5th April, lighter nights and school holidays. Anymore rain in the next week and it'll be called off again. Plus the fact most people are skint in January. But hey ho what do I know.

...that would make sense, but unfortunately the FL Rules state that it must be played on the earliest date that is available to both clubs, Sadly, neither club has a fixture next week, hence this date being 'chosen.'

Wasn't this rule brought in a few years ago to prevent clubs leaving 'easier' postponed matches (especially home ones) until near the end of the season when promotion/relegation issues are more crucial? Or when injured players are fit again/back from suspension?

However, if more rain arrives over the weekend say, it may well be postponed again, which means the next free date for both clubs would be Feb 2nd - I can't see the FL making us play on the Tuesday after the Millwall Sunday match.

...that would make sense, but unfortunately the FL Rules state that it must be played on the earliest date that is available to both clubs, Sadly, neither club has a fixture next week, hence this date being 'chosen.'

Wasn't this rule brought in a few years ago to prevent clubs leaving 'easier' postponed matches (especially home ones) until near the end of the season when promotion/relegation issues are more crucial? Or when injured players are fit again/back from suspension?

However, if more rain arrives over the weekend say, it may well be postponed again, which means the next free date for both clubs would be Feb 2nd - I can't see the FL making us play on the Tuesday after the Millwall Sunday match.

I just thought it was agreed between both teams, if you are right how come Crewe's match at Rochdale which was postponed on Boxing Day has been arranged for the 16th February and not next week or the week after when neither have games.

Archived