onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 12th Jan 2016, Port Vale v Swindon, pre-match comments, MATCH OFF

Fosse69

Advert

28 Postponements and Abandonments – Procedures for Re-Arrangement and Refunds

28.1 In the event of any League Match not being played owing to Football Association Cup Matches, weather or other causes over which neither Club has any control or being ordered to be replayed it shall be played on a date to be mutually arranged, but at the earliest reasonable opportunity. Both Clubs shall notify The League of such arrangements within seven days of the postponement being identified, for the approval of The League. Any League Match not so arranged shall have its date fixed by The League.

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section5.aspx#CChXrzHpludZDj4C.99

....I went by this - I suppose it depends on what the league think is 'the earliest reasonable opportunity.' Presumably they consider the 16th Feb to be 'reasonable' - or more likely can't be a***d to do anything!!

Personally, I think they should have been told to play it next week - in the hope they would get stuffed 5 again!!!

Is it not a league rule that you can only play a maximum number of games 3 I think at home or away on the trot and as we have 4 away games be fore our next home game they have had to fit it in and keep revenue coming in to the club.

Is it not a league rule that you can only play a maximum number of games 3 I think at home or away on the trot and as we have 4 away games be fore our next home game they have had to fit it in and keep revenue coming in to the club.

you are probably right RSB.

Weather forecast for nexr week is DRY and cold.

If the fixture had been re-aranged at a much later date there would sure to be some moans and reasoning that it should have been next week.

Get down the ground next Tuesday and shout the lads home for another three points! :yes::upthevale:

being as so far this winter we have suffered no frosts whatsoever why dont the club invest in some plastic covers? with the slope of the pitch all rain would simply roll off the pitch to the shale path. i remember the chesterfield home game with little or no attempt at clearing snow off the pitch. anyone would think the club wanted the game off.

being as so far this winter we have suffered no frosts whatsoever why dont the club invest in some plastic covers? with the slope of the pitch all rain would simply roll off the pitch to the shale path. i remember the chesterfield home game with little or no attempt at clearing snow off the pitch. anyone would think the club wanted the game off.
Snow can protect the pitch from frost.

How do you reckon we have 4 away games before our next home game? Jan 23rd v Bradford C.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong (I often am!) but I'm sure we had plastic sheeting that completely covered the pitch only a couple of years ago - I remember seeing it on the cinder track all round the pitch. If my memory isn't playing up, what happened to that sheeting?

Weather permitting, be interesting to see whether Page changes it or not. Grant is back from suspension, whether Brown can play 2 games in a short period of time not sure but if he can I would be keeping him in the team, O'Connor looked better yesterday without Brown and for me Brown was our man of the match. I would bring Kelly in for Daniel, keep Foley in the middle but try and get him in a more advanced role than he has been playing and supporting AJ.

Archived