onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

(OVF) Ryan Burge gives his version of Vale exit and accuses Adams of wrongdoing

Guest OVF Feature

Guest OVF Feature

Former midfielder Ryan Burge accuses manager Micky Adams of “breaching an agreement”, sending an abusive text and that people are “deluded” to think that he would not turn up for the Bristol Rovers game. Burge left the club in controversial circumstances in April 2013. At the time, the departure was said to be by “mutual(...)

Read more

This is an automated feed from the OVF front page

Advert

I suspect the fault lies somewhere between the two

I agree - though to be fair didn't a similar thing also happen between Adams and Morsy (allegedly). To fall out with one midfielder is one thing - but to fall out with two up-and-coming (at the time) players :ohmy:

I still think that Burge, having been to the Cheltenham race meeting arrived at the motorway services north instead of south and had to chase off towards Bristol only to be told that he wasn't in the squad and that he couldn't say anything because that would have made him look a right pillock. Was offered a get out of jail card by wilde but was stuck that far up himself that he turned it down, just my opinion at the time and my opinion hasn't changed.Why the Burger has brought it up again is anyones guess maybe he's been cold shouldered by a couple of clubs, who knows but very strange to kick up a stink after all this time.Wonder if he's after a few quid in compo.

I always liked Burge as a player but his attitude is/was horrific and the fact his career has gone completely down the toilet speaks volumes, still think back to that motorway cops show he was on and how he behaved like an absolute wand.

One thing he doesn't clarify is why all the other players were picked up and it was just him that wasn't, come on Ryan tell the whole story, most of us know it anyway ;)

27 years old. No club.

Ive got no time for him.

Big time Charlie.

Old news that he still can't get over.

Move on Ryan.

That's not exactly fair.... It actually seems like he cared about the club and enjoyed it here and was dealt a bad hand by Adams. Which we've seen before, shame because at that time he was actually decent.

That's not exactly fair.... It actually seems like he cared about the club and enjoyed it here and was dealt a bad hand by Adams. Which we've seen before, shame because at that time he was actually decent.

Twitter arguments aside - The midfield duo of Morsy and Burge looked set to develop and dominate. They certainly had more energy than most in L2 - as well as goals.

Regardless of what happened there is a common string of MA being unable or reluctant to develop young players.

Archived