onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Maidenhead Utd 1 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

Advert

I hate to say this but the buck stops with the manager.

He has assembled a team of players that can't head a ball in either box and signed a centre forward who played 45 minutes today as if he'd never seen a football in his life. If anyone says we don't miss Pope I can supply you with a VTR of Uche's last two cameos - at Burton and today's 45 minute master class. He was absolutely dire.

No-one in the back four, or both keepers we have, are any good whatsoever in the air.

We won about 10% of all high balls all game and couldn't clear our box time after time.

Their corners were better than ours.

They looked fitter and stronger towards the end than us and that is unacceptable.

We can argue about the players all night long but the manager is responsible for signing them and failing to motivate them.

I think Page is now skating on thin ice.

I feel like that as well.

Page's squad assembly is woeful, fancy spending all your budget without having a single proven striker that you own! It's like the dark days of Dennis Butler!

I also think he's tactically clueless, absolutely no width in our play and baffling subs, especially bringing Remi on for Grant in injury time!!

I'm worried we'll slump to relegation if this carries on, what happened to the silky football of the first month of the season?

Also, Duffy was gobbing off at the paddock again, what's that about?

What a shambles.. We can't beat a team who is 3 leagues below us. Something is wrong at this football club.

It is frustrating how Hooper can't get a game against teams who he was scoring for fun against last season.

Smurf must be clueless if he thinks we are going to finish in the top 6 with Rob page in charge.

RP got excited about the pair of them having one good game against a piiiss poor Shrewsbury side.

Another example of his poor judgement, along with other gems such as the team is full of goals, AJS will score plenty, and we need a winger not a striker. Today, 17 shots and 8 on target against lower league opposition and we score one goal. This was a very, very poor result - if we lose at Barnsley and then Maidenhead in the replay, Page will be on ice so thin you'll be able to see through it.

It's Norman's call but, for me, the sooner he goes the better.

Page thought Granty was not up to it, but he gets MOTM. He brings a defender on and tries to play out for time. Uche tries to play in the corner but couldn't hold the ball up against a non-league outfit. How many times was he put on the floor by a five foot two full back. That was an inept performance against a team some four leagues below us. Sorry to say, time is maybe up for Page, but it was an FA cup game against Macclesfield that almost saw the end of Rudgie!!!!!

Smurf must deep down know Page isn't the man for the job. Page cant and wont take us any further. The last thing we needed was a replay, with our increasingly small squad. Please Smurf, listen what the FANS want.

Page is safe as long as idiots like Yukon think its a good team playing good football . I like many others should get a full refund for the admission fee paid to watch this latest debacle the only obvious fact is if this team of rubbish players perform like this in the replay away they will get anilelated out of the fa cup and relegated from div 1

I've supported Page , but if we don't beat Barnsley on Saturday it's time for him to go.That was terrible today and can't be any excuses.

How long have you supported Vale? Everyone knows that when a team is on a bad run, they look at when they are playing us as they know we are very benevolent and will gift them a win. I expect an easy three points for Barnsley next Saturday. Look at our history against teams having a bad run and with Page in charge I can't see that changing any time soon.

Page is safe as long as idiots like Yukon think its a good team playing good football . I like many others should get a full refund for the admission fee paid to watch this latest debacle the only obvious fact is if this team of rubbish players perform like this in the replay away they will get anilelated out of the fa cup and relegated from div 1

Fatty at it again.

I wasn't there (sadly) but Vale have always had problems with non-league sides. Just skimming through the twitter feed what annoyed me a little was the way in the 89th minute it appeared we were still attacking. Against Shrews we took it to the corner flags - which is exactly the right thing to do if you need to win and its a slim lead. Who knows whether the manager told the players to keep attacking?

Page out? No. I still say give him a full season. Junking a manager can work wonders if in a desperate situation. Vale aren't.

Well, if anyone else has ideas about sewing flags about southern softies on their mummy's sewing machines, perhaps they should sew both their fingers and all their orifices together first - idiot.

I wonder if this is the perfect result - all the moaners have a field day, the Page out gang think they told us so, but we get a televised replay and rake in the cash - and we WILL win it - I predicted todays draw and not a 9-0 win remember, and it also showed us that we have a drain who sews banners as a regular poster.

Fanny old game innit, as some old drunk used to say. Enjoy the replay win for Vale.

Sounds like the perfect result for yourself to be honest. Gives you a chance to get on your high horse. The banner joke, the draw prediction. Played right into your hands.

Archived