onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1 Maidenhead Utd 1 Post Match Comments

Fosse69

Advert

I'm really surprised. Normally we look solid art the back when McGivern plays at centre half. Not. We can't even keep a clean sheet against non-league now. So that's can't score, and can't stop em. That's not a great recipe for success.

Were you there? McGovern was probably one of the few that can come off that game with his head held high.

Uche garbage today , o conner off the pace and as for Daniel he may as well have stayed at home. They put a man on Dodds second half and we didn't look like winning.

Page better start writing a C V because I can't see Norman putting up with that much longer.

Disgrace Vale. Utter disgrace second half. You just knew what was coming, 50 mins of sitting there waiting for the inevitable.

Why a double subsitution after 6 mins, what that was about, why bring streete on in midfield? I didn't think that was a foul that led to their goal.

Just embarrassing today, completely silent vale crowd, poor atmosphere, even with their lot trying to liven it up.

Anyone who might have been today and doesn't usually go will not be going again will they. Well done Vale, a real good advert.

I'll also state at this point that I am 100% confident that we will lose the replay.

Were you there? McGovern was probably one of the few that can come off that game with his head held high.

Uche garbage today , o conner off the pace and as for Daniel he may as well have stayed at home. They put a man on Dodds second half and we didn't look like winning.

Page better start writing a C V because I can't see Norman putting up with that much longer.

Did you watch the same game ? Mcgivern was woeful. If you don't understand football don't comment, several times the entire defence was berating him for bad positioning and marking.

page out. and some of the players quite rightly so, ajay smith is NEVER a league one footballer.

where are you all now saying how page's football is better etc? and defending him, tell me one positive from today?

there is nothing good about drawng to maidenhead. feel sorry for anybody going to the replay.

Not just a terrible result but an appalling performance.

There are some big attitude problems and very few could walk off today feeling that they'd put a shift in.

I have a bit of sympathy with Page and he must despair at the joke defending (and ***** finishing) but today was also a tactical joke.

Looks like his Vale career is going to be shagged-over by what he did or didn't do in the transfer market in the summer.

Tricky one for Smurf.

What an appalling performance both from the players and from the manager. He seemed to lay the blame purely at the players feet but at the end of the day he signed them, he trains them, he motivates them and he organises them. From the offset I said we'd struggle to score goals with Dodds and Ajay up top and we did. First half we were poor but looked to have enough to scrape through the game and Byron took his goal well. Ajay looked like little boy lost, Dodds was in a bit more than usual but offered no real goal threat and apart from Moore looking a bit of a bright spark we never really looked like we were going to trouble Maidenhead. Second half Page may as well have destroyed anything that was let of Ajay's confidence by sending him out only to withdraw him shortly after. The less said about the second half then the better. Apart from a 2 minute spell when Oaks seemed to be trying to grab the game by the scruff of the neck we were truly awful. The fans (rightly or wrongly) were on the players backs before we conceded the goal due to how negative we were. Putting Remi on for Grant was possibly one of the worst substitutions I've seen for a long time, Page said Grant wasn't at his best so replaced him a couple of minutes from time with a centre half? Also the pratting about with the ball in the corner was pointless and gave Maidenhead far too much respect.

Sorry Page but this is down to you. Not just taking today into account we don't play good football anymore, we struggle to score goals, defensively we're better than last season but still not great, we are poor away from home, we have 7-8 senior pros who are not good enough for this level, we don't own a goalscorer, your tactics are negative and you cannot adapt to differences in opposition and finally you cannot seem to inspire or motivate players. It's not good enough and your time is running out. The stats don't lie and we are on a terrible run of form and will struggle to keep our heads above water playing the way we are.

Page out? It's definitely getting that way. In the bad games earlier in the season at least we played some good stuff and were solid at the back. Now we are neither.

Not just a terrible result but an appalling performance.

There are some big attitude problems and very few could walk off today feeling that they'd put a shift in.

I have a bit of sympathy with Page and he must despair at the joke defending (and ***** finishing) but today was also a tactical joke.

Looks like his Vale career is going to be shagged-over by what he did or didn't do in the transfer market in the summer.

Tricky one for Smurf.

What is so frustrating is Page can obviously pick out a decent player when you look at some players he's brought in. But he's also re signed some absolute dross as well as never sorting out the strike force.

Quite simply tactically inept and totally unprofessional Page tries to be to clever fair play to Maidenhead a team in form !

Any 11 players at the Vale should be beating Maidenhead.Page has gone ballistic on RS.Unproffesional performance.Apart from the through pass for Moore's goal Dodds played like a tart.Daniel, Moore and AJ did very little.McGivern and Okey were our best players.

Archived