onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Price Of Supporting the Vale.

ollyandpatch

Advert

In a strange way, I think it could be considered much better/cooler/trendier to follow Vale than Stoke.

It's a chance to go against mainstream football culture and a chance to watch your football at 3pm on a Saturday, every Saturday.

We've got what Stoke will never have again....a town nearby with proper pubs, a traditional ground, a real feel of Staffordshire and football in one place.

League placings aside, I honestly wouldn't swap anything about Vale for Stoke.

:clap: :throb: :upthevale: Love this post and agree 100%.

The refreshment costs are interesting. I fully accept that Premier League football should cost more than League One but why should the food and drink cost more? Why does it cost 70p more for a paper cup with boiling water and a tea bag at Stoke than it does at Vale? Are their tea bags gold plated or summat?

No. Vale just re use the same tea bag many times over, lol.

The refreshment costs are interesting. I fully accept that Premier League football should cost more than League One but why should the food and drink cost more? Why does it cost 70p more for a paper cup with boiling water and a tea bag at Stoke than it does at Vale? Are their tea bags gold plated or summat?

The cups are extremely rare so that explains the cost.

Aren't these figures and tables distorted by the fact that most of Vale's STs are sold on a cheaper early bird offer and the cost of the cheapest season ticket shown by the BBC should be that, not what is shown.

Lies, damn lies and statistics again. Then as pointed out by R E Perm, there are also free programmes worth £69 over the 23 league games.

Also, congrats to Stoke for having the cheapest football in the Prem at under £300, I heard Peter getyor Coates said he would give fans more than that to have a ST but Bet365s profits are down a bit.

its called wripping the fans off while they can with attendances high make as much money as possible out of them season ticket prices are low but how much is everything in the club shop, food, mascot packages(they have 11 mascots every game plus the big teams are more expensive)

I don't begrudge the charges at Port Vale because the owner is putting a lot more in than I could ever afford and the business is inherently problematic as most football clubs are. At best it is a sort of community interest company. But it is easy for me to say that, I may not be very wealthy but I am wealthy enough for this luxury not to matter. For many supporters going to a game is a significant financial and life choice and in that context they make as bigger proportional contribution to this community interest as the owner.

I really hope that no one actually got paid for producing that waste of webspace. Can someone explain what it's actually trying to tell me! What about the cost to support your team away from home, rip-off away ticket pricing, the cost of travel, accommodation, the cost of a pint. If it only costs me £423/season to watch the Vale I'm going wrong somewhere and my bank must be ripping me off month on month!

I suggest that the BBC stick to MOTD instead of producing half arsed surveys at the license payers expense that actually tell me nothing.

Bayern Munich fans up in arms over Arsenal prices.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34539297

I like the bit where the Arsenal spokesman said "Also, we would like to stress that German football receives significant government funding, which is not the case in England." He doesn't mention that Premier League teams receive enormous television funding which would allow them to let folk into the grounds for nowt if they really wanted to.

Aren't these figures and tables distorted by the fact that most of Vale's STs are sold on a cheaper early bird offer and the cost of the cheapest season ticket shown by the BBC should be that, not what is shown.

Lies, damn lies and statistics again. Then as pointed out by R E Perm, there are also free programmes worth £69 over the 23 league games.

Also, congrats to Stoke for having the cheapest football in the Prem at under £300, I heard Peter getyor Coates said he would give fans more than that to have a ST but Bet365s profits are down a bit.

£345 was the early bird price, but as stated by others does include a free programme.

Also the prices for the bottom 3 divisions is for 23 games whereas the prem prices are for 20 games.

I like the bit where the Arsenal spokesman said "Also, we would like to stress that German football receives significant government funding, which is not the case in England." He doesn't mention that Premier League teams receive enormous television funding which would allow them to let folk into the grounds for nowt if they really wanted to.

While I feel sorry for the fans of big premier league teams, I'm glad they charge a lot, because slashing prices as much as they could would kill every team below the championship

Archived