onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Price Of Supporting the Vale.

ollyandpatch

Yep watching the likes of Bojan/Arnautovic when they're on form is a real hardship JA.............

All jokes aside the most worrying stat from a Port Vale perspective is that almost 25% of all season ticket holders at Stoke are now under 25 which is one of the highest in the country. Really difficult to complete with Premier League riches I understand that but NS should be bending over backwards to get more families and youngsters to Vale Park. I would start by moving the Family Stand to a better part of the ground, and spending some cash in improving the match day experience for the next generation of Vale fans..........

Good post. I fully agree the £200k it would cost to finish the lorne st could be recouped if it was full every week with families and youngsters. Said it before Stoke really are "miles ahead" in terms of getting the next generation into the Brit.

Now NS has full control of everything at the vale including catering, community trust etc etc. I would hope next seasons season ticket incentive sees us ain for 5000 adult season ticket sales at cost of say £250 18-21 say £180 16-18 £100 and under 16 free. If we had so sell the naming rights of "the park" to fund this then so be it. Our future fans need to be adopted ASAP with Stoke looking to be a top 10 perm side where money is no issue (yet).

Advert

In a strange way, I think it could be considered much better/cooler/trendier to follow Vale than Stoke.

It's a chance to go against mainstream football culture and a chance to watch your football at 3pm on a Saturday, every Saturday.

We've got what Stoke will never have again....a town nearby with proper pubs, a traditional ground, a real feel of Staffordshire and football in one place.

League placings aside, I honestly wouldn't swap anything about Vale for Stoke.

For me and my 2 kids, aged 10 and 15, to have season tickets, it costs me nearly £600. Surely Vale should be looking at doing Family Season tickets, because not everyone can afford to take their kids to Vale, especially at £600 a pop. and these kids are our future. With Stoke been in the Prem, surely something has got to be done NOW to get more families down Vale Park and not down the Brit. Outside the Prem, Vale is the 11th most expensive season ticket out the 3 leagues.

Don't see the fuss about them including pies. They're trying to cost the 'matchday experience' and if a fan is going to buy food at a ground, it will more than likely be a pie.

Is that the case?

Would you prefer them to state how much it would cost to buy a lovely asparagus frittata?

Dunno..never had one...are they nice? I do like asparagus although it makes your wee stink

If it seems outdated, it is only because it accurately refelects the catering at most grounds.

It accurately reflects the view that trendy BBC staff hold regarding what's important to football fans..the price of a pie. I don't claim it's outdated just that it's not important to most fans.....only a few numpties at the BBC seem to think so.

Yep watching the likes of Bojan/Arnautovic when they're on form is a real hardship JA.............

Glad you agree ;)

All jokes aside the most worrying stat from a Port Vale perspective is that almost 25% of all season ticket holders at Stoke are now under 25 which is one of the highest in the country. Really difficult to complete with Premier League riches I understand that but NS should be bending over backwards to get more families and youngsters to Vale Park. I would start by moving the Family Stand to a better part of the ground, and spending some cash in improving the match day experience for the next generation of Vale fans..........

It is a concern and to make it worse I don't think there is a solution whilst SCFC are in the PL and we languish in the lower divisions...double relegation for SCFC and promotions for us might help

For me and my 2 kids, aged 10 and 15, to have season tickets, it costs me nearly £600. Surely Vale should be looking at doing Family Season tickets, because not everyone can afford to take their kids to Vale, especially at £600 a pop. and these kids are our future. With Stoke been in the Prem, surely something has got to be done NOW to get more families down Vale Park and not down the Brit. Outside the Prem, Vale is the 11th most expensive season ticket out the 3 leagues.

I really do think that if you are taking the two kids then either you or the two of them should get in for nowt or at least a greatly reduced/nominal price..where is the incentive to take them (the next generation) or to accompany them?

In a strange way, I think it could be considered much better/cooler/trendier to follow Vale than Stoke.

It's a bit like being a fan of a little known but utterly fantastic band that you can see in your local pub/venue rather than some soulless enormodome when they have become big but lost what made them so great in the first place

Is that the case?

Yes. Of course it is. Some grounds offer some different stuff but the food available at football grounds, from Arsenal to Yeovil, is predominantly pies.

Dunno..never had one...are they nice? I do like asparagus although it makes your wee stink

Yes they are. Asparagus doesn't make my wee smell but my **** don't stink either...

It accurately reflects the view that trendy BBC staff hold regarding what's important to football fans..the price of a pie. I don't claim it's outdated just that it's not important to most fans.....only a few numpties at the BBC seem to think so.

Get the (pie and) chip off your shoulder! It has nothing to do with 'trendy' BBC staff; they include 'fashionable' clubs like Arsenal. The majority of food consumed at a football ground is pie, you don't need to make an issue out of it.

LEAVE PIE ALONE

But it does (and I've said this before) offer other lazy stereotypes. The "cost of a pie" for instance - what decade are we in? What next - the cost of a cup of Bovril? The price to allow your whippet into the ground?

Not all football fans have to have a pie every match as the calculator seems to suggest Could they not be a little less lazy and stereotyped with this report.

It's a decent idea but flawed in the execution, in my opinion. There's no level playing-field in football - some clubs have lower ticket prices because they want to get people in, others are higher because they are in more affluent areas, have to recoup the costs of building a squad or have more prestigious fixtures, some prices are more expensive because the facilities are better - none of which is considered.

Exactly- it's far too general. For example, I might have a couple of beers on a Saturday but just a coffee mid week

if the lower league clubs were given a fraction of what is given to 20 clubs in the greedy league plus these ridiculous parachute payments which are a joke plus money for away travel/tickets. then maybe lower league clubs could reduce prices of season tickets and match day prices. how money is distributed is a total and utter joke

The refreshment costs are interesting. I fully accept that Premier League football should cost more than League One but why should the food and drink cost more? Why does it cost 70p more for a paper cup with boiling water and a tea bag at Stoke than it does at Vale? Are their tea bags gold plated or summat?

Archived