onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Sheffied Utd. 1 = Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Although the teams above us deserve respect, there are no teams there that we should be in any way fearful of. THere are no teams like preston, bristol city or wolves. Burton are currently the team to beat. If there was a season for having a crack at the playoffs, its got to be this one.

As for Michael, has he turned up after Carl was banned?

Advert

More proof of the BBC's ineptitude' date=' probably got it from those clowns at Radio Joke, I had just over 5 minutes on my stop watch.[/quote']

The board said 4 mins extra time to be played they scored in the 5th minute of added time. Worst ref in a long time.

Great result today against the "big team". I've seen much better opposition than Sheffield and I'm sure the ref and linesman had lime green shirts under their black ones... Couldn't pick a stand out performer for us it was an all round team performance. Great goal from Uche and some unbelievable saves from Alnwick too. Didn't think we deserved to concede a goal and I'm sure we must of played more than the time when it went in. The scoreboard had a shocker today.. :upthevale:

I've seen the stats and we got battered but like I said fair play to the boys they battled to a win. Got to address this inability to defend though, can we bring a coach in who can sort it out cus it's obvious Page can't.

I've seen the stats. We scored more than the opposition.

I say again check the stats, they had more possession, more corners and more attempts on goal so we were second best but football is about the final result so well done boys proud of you.
But the defence was superb, and probably the save of the season was made . It would appear the statistician was as good as the ref.

My players ratings, for what they're worth (out of 10):

Alnwick 11

Purkiss 10

Duffy 10.5

Streete 10

Dickinson 10

Foley 10

Grant 11.5

Enoch 10

Moore 10

Colin 10

Uche 10.3

Subs

Dodds 6.6

Ajay 4.4

Ref -8.4

Liner (Lorne Street Side) -7.2

That's not out of 10 :sums:

Isnt it funny against Oldham we looked lethargic and pedestrian, today we were quick and sharp to the ball,I hope we arent a team that just shows up against the so called big boys.

Praise must go to all the team but just how important was that save 3 minutes into the second half ?

Where did a very poor referee get the the extra time from and where was the time board ?

Pity we dont get MoD coverage because I would love to here the "Panels " view of some of his decisons.

That aside what a good performance, you have now set the bar high lads the games against Wigan Donny Burnley and today have shown what can be achieved.

The board said 4 mins extra time to be played they scored in the 5th minute of added time. Worst ref in a long time.

I never saw the board go up and no one round me did so we had no idea how long the ref was going to play. The match actually finished on 95:40 so it was probably the sixth minute of added time when they scored because the ref blew for full time as soon as we kicked off.

Didn't see any board put up.We were even talking about it,asking how much time was left.Didnt hear any announcement on tannoy either.

Cracking win today and a great performance from all 11 lads, the workrate was fantastic to see, Superb performance again from Grant, SHEFF UTD had no idea how to handle Uche and little Enoch was back to his best today.

Keep it up Vale!

Shame we've got the game against Blackpool on Tuesday now, as I would have liked us to go into Saturday with fresh faces and without the risk of injuries to key players. If we go all the way I'll retract what I've said but it just narks me a bit tonight.

Superb performance today, against tough opposition.

Archived