onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Sheffied Utd. 1 = Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Excellent performance, looked a far better team than the side the Sheff Utd fans were proclaiming as the second coming.

Every man worked hard, defense looked fairly solid and Uche is a monster.

Without wanting to put a sour note on it I was disgusted to see the violence between Vale fans and Utd fans in the Co-op car park after the game. About 15 lads punching each other and kicking each other when down. Sickening, sub-human scum from both clubs. Had to be broken up by the car park attendants as the police were nowhere to be seen. Saw 3 police vans speeding towards Burslem on my way out. Also heard about the trouble on Hamil Road which seems to be a result of Utd fans aggression. Idiots.

Aside from that, a top game and a top performance.

I wish we could rid that scum of our club. No way are they vale fans, they're turning up just in the hope that something will kick off. Everyone involved should get a life ban IMO.

Bury win 7 on the bounce and Burton sneak yet another 1 nil win. The league is anybodys this season. The massive key is putting a string of wins together, as we've seen in the space of a week, 2 wins and a draw and we are suddenly sat in 8th and 1 point of the playoff positions.

Will Vale put a winning run together... I doubt it, it's Vale. We have an unerring ability to mess up or let down when nicely positioned. It's a shame as 3 or 4 wins on the spin & you're sat right up in there. We are yet to win consecutive league games & I can't honestly remember the last time we did. Next Saturday now becomes a big game again but don't bet on Vale to get the win. History tells us they won't.

Great result today. Unbelievably biased refereeing as per.

Without wanting to put a sour note on it I was disgusted to see the violence between Vale fans and Utd fans in the Co-op car park after the game. About 15 lads punching each other and kicking each other when down. Sickening, sub-human scum from both clubs. Had to be broken up by the car park attendants as the police were nowhere to be seen. Saw 3 police vans speeding towards Burslem on my way out. Also heard about the trouble on Hamil Road which seems to be a result of Utd fans aggression. Idiots.

Plays right into the hands of the police so they can justify their policing.There were police vans waiting by the fire station waiting for something to kick off.

I wish we could rid that scum of our club. No way are they vale fans, they're turning up just in the hope that something will kick off. Everyone involved should get a life ban IMO.

In fairness there was a sizeable group of Sheffield knuckle-draggers who were hell bent on causing trouble of any nature today. The battering their team took on the pitch will have provoked their egos too.

Guest TommyMac

Overall a fantastic win with some excellent performances. Alnwick, Purkiss, Duffy, Grant, Andoh and Uche all contenders for MOM with honourable mentions to Streete and Moore who improved noticeably after his goal.

Now my opinion on other aspects of the game will probably not go down well but Foley was a liability and has been poor since the Wigan game (although I thought his corners were better today). When Uche went off and Daniel was left up front on his own we may as well have been playing with 10 men. He showed zero willingness to chase the ball down when it was played into the channels.

Page's substitutions weakened us and invited pressure and against a more clinical side could have cost us two points. Uche for Dodds I could understand but AJ should have replaced Daniel much earlier and Brown should have replaced Foley.

Agree 100% with Doha that the Police made another balls up. Why is there a fence when away fans are allowed onto Hamil Road? Why were police dogs only being used to control Vale fans when 80% of the aggression was from Blades fans. Why were only Vale fans being frogmarched away by the police and stewards. Why were stewards watching a 16-17 year old Blades fan repeatedly spit at a middle aged Vale fan with a 10-12 year old child? Why were there substantially less Police than there were against Donny?

Matthew Ellis has some explaining to do.

I've seen the stats and we got battered but like I said fair play to the boys they battled to a win. Got to address this inability to defend though, can we bring a coach in who can sort it out cus it's obvious Page can't.

Go and boil your head.Oh wait a minute,you already have done.

Great performance,brill finish from Uche.Every player did their job.Decent finish by the ref for their goal.

Overall a fantastic win with some excellent performances. Alnwick, Purkiss, Duffy, Grant, Andoh and Uche all contenders for MOM with honourable mentions to Streete and Moore who improved noticeably after his goal.

Now my opinion on other aspects of the game will probably not go down well but Foley was a liability and has been poor since the Wigan game (although I thought his corners were better today). When Uche went off and Daniel was left up front on his own we may as well have been playing with 10 men. He showed zero willingness to chase the ball down when it was played into the channels.

Page's substitutions weakened us and invited pressure and against a more clinical side could have cost us two points. Uche for Dodds I could understand but AJ should have replaced Daniel much earlier and Brown should have replaced Foley.

Agree 100% with Doha that the Police made another balls up. Why is there a fence when away fans are allowed onto Hamil Road? Why were police dogs only being used to control Vale fans when 80% of the aggression was from Blades fans. Why were only Vale fans being frogmarched away by the police and stewards. Why were stewards watching a 16-17 year old Blades fan repeatedly spit at a middle aged Vale fan with a 10-12 year old child? Why were there substantially less Police than there were against Donny?

I too felt the substitution forced us to sit back, leaving us with no outlet up front at which Sheffield spotted the opportunity to push on. Daniel was shattered after all his previous chasing and offered little up front in the last 10 minutes.

So called Police intelligence ;)

Police made a complete phucking balls up again

Well done to Sheff Utd's top boy who pulled a knife out on Hamil Road, big lad you are aren't you

Routine, convincing win against a scrappy side devoid of creativity.

Could have been 4 with Daniel crashing against the crossbar and the referee, who was dogshlt, bottling a stonewall Pen for the swipe on Andoh in the second half.

Good win, just incredibly frustrating to concede a scrappy, nothing goal from a corner, again.

Top boy was probably trying to justify his teams nickname? :rolleyes:

Archived