onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Sheffied Utd. 1 = Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

No mention of Duffy?Suprised?No

Why?

Read through my posts this season and you'll realise that I've probably praised Duffy more than any other player, he was very good yesterday as well but for me streete was better simply because of the interception in the first half. Again try reading my other posts rather than one.

Advert

To the Health & safety officer & ground stewards why where the Sheffield fans aloud to block the gangways in the hamil end all match but if the vale fans do this in the paddock you force them in to the seating area there where a lot of you and police standing in front of the police box doing nothing

Thouroughly deserved victory, by far the best team and the score line doesn't do our performance justice.

Hopefully the people with flares, knives and a general wish to cause trouble can be found and given the life bans they deserve - they are not football supporters and the game doesn't need them.

No Black n White posts on here tonight? Surprising as they were all over the Oldham post match thread.

Only just getting over my hangover is that OK grandad? Doesn't it make a difference playing two up front and not playing Dodds? Something I've been saying for months! Maybe, just maybe Page has learnt a lesson.

I think everyone was a bit nervous before kick off after Tuesdays performance and for the first ten minutes we couldn't get out of our half, but what a performance we were given every player gave their all uche and Daniel were amazing they didn't stop for a minute I think the Sheffield defence were glad when they were both taken off. the score line doesn't do us justice really Sheffield couldn't have any complaints if it had ended 5-2. I wont say much about the match officials or ill be ranting all night lmao even the 4th official couldn't do his job properly and hold up the board for time added on.

It's a 'minimum' of and doesn't take into account anything that happens during injury time itself. Anyway I'm not defending him as I've run the line for him previously and don't rate him.

Salisbury was pants yesterday but to be fair, we have an outstanding record with him. We won 8 in a row with him once!

All I want to say is what a great team performance, everyone did their bit and it was a joy to watch. Notable points for me were how we kept solid in the first 15 minutes as they started strongly, as expected, then grew into the game and got on top, also the performance of Colin Daniel who was superb for the whole game and the performance of little Enoch who chased back and tackled as well as giving them problems going forwards. I actually thought in the second half it looked like the ref was protecting their full back Freedman because he couldn't cope with Enoch and the ref gave him a free kick at every opportunity when Enoch challenged him. What a joke, Enoch's 4'6" and hardly dirty, there was no foul committed in most of the tackles he was making, their full back should be embarrassed.

This division is so tight it's untrue, if we can put together some consistency there's no reason we can't have a decent season.

They do and it does help. From what I have read so far from yesterday this wasn't the case at Vale Park.

I read in another thread from another OVF member that police were 'too busy standing around and chatting'.

This would never be the case at Millwall. Unless it was Fleetwood! Most home games, to address your question, away fans will remain inside for at least 15 mins until the streets are cleared of thugs, I mean home fans. :rolleyes:

Conversely, one time at Cardiff. Lions fans were kept behind for over an hour until they broke out of the ground and devastated a nearby shopping precinct.

So what's needed in these situations is top stewarding and co-ordinatuon. Keep the customer satisfied, Simon and Garfunkel said.

Anyone for I-spy?

If Millwall can keep the away fans in for 15 minutes that throws the Human Rights theory out of the window so why don't we do it,you know it makes sense.

If Millwall can keep the away fans in for 15 minutes that throws the Human Rights theory out of the window so why don't we do it,you know it makes sense.
Surely Health and Safety comes first, disperse the home fans then allow the away fans out, if there is a risk of disorder. What happens in the town centre later is no different than a drinking night covered by the police.

Only just getting over my hangover is that OK grandad? Doesn't it make a difference playing two up front and not playing Dodds? Something I've been saying for months! Maybe, just maybe Page has learnt a lesson.

I thought we were still playing the 4-4-1-1 we've been playing all season?

Why u being so horrible I just say what I see having not being able to attend for the first time this season.

Liar.

All I can say say is phew, I agonised whether to go tonight or not and looks like I made the right decision sat here in my comfy living room with a glass of vino on the go.

That's from Tuesday.

Archived