onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Does Page need to play 2 Upfront

butt lane vale fan

Advert

Just noticed the current table with Burton currently top with 5 wins out of 6. Considering the fact that we are playing some nice football but are lacking a cutting edge, is it time to introduce Hooper alongside Uchi and go to 4-4-2.

Problem is the fine linkup play of Dodds is what is creating many of the chances. Would this service dry up without Dodds? Tough decision with pros and cons for both formations. Personally I'd persevere for a few more games with what we have.

two up front for me especially at home

I think that could be the way to go tbh,keep it tight away from home playing the system we are and then maybe pairing Uche with Hooper sooner rather than later.

Dodds has played really well so far this season but it is a team game and we need to play the best team/system to get a result and that might differ for home and away.

Two up front at home for me also but it depends on the form of the players and the tactics of the opposition. Same also goes for the O'Connor situation, for me when he's fit he must play in the centre but then which two of Dodds/Hooper/JJ/Foley play depends on venue/opposition and form of players.

I feel that if he plays the same formation and team week after week the opponents will counter effectively. That was a particular problem when MA was manager in the third quarter of the season. So posing new threats is good, but that risks disrupting team coordination and flow. Careful change is the middle path?

Just noticed the current table with Burton currently top with 5 wins out of 6. Considering the fact that we are playing some nice football but are lacking a cutting edge, is it time to introduce Hooper alongside Uchi and go to 4-4-2.

Burton topped League 2 without any players hitting double figures. Need contribution from all areas of the team

two up front for me especially at home

I agree that different formations for different games should be what we are aiming for, but let's not change too much too quickly as more than half the team are new or new-ish 9perhaps just previously on loan like Inniss and Streete) so I'd say give them a chance to get as used to each other as possible before changing things too much.

Considering the massive changes the team have started really well, and settled nicely - lets see what the next 2 games at home bring, we don't want to be losing 2-3 to Wigan like Chesterfield did.

P

Bit off topic but here's a possible song for our forwards to the Kolo Yaya Toure song

Uche, Uche Uche, Uche Uche, Uche Uche, JJ, JJ JJ, JJ JJ, JJ JJ, AJ, AJ AJ, AJ AJ, AJ

And repeat

And personally I agree we need 2 upfront and personally Id like see Uche and AJ partner.

We were singing that in the pub before the Bradford game.

Archived