onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bradford City 1 Port Vale 0, post match comments

Fosse69

Advert

Sounds like we were on top until Andoh and Moore went off.

This Kelly lad doesnt look up for it. Birchall is a safe player nothing special.

Maybe Andoh and Moore needed resting after a full 90 tuesday night. They shouldn't be knackered this early in the season though.

I think Page made a boo boo. Out starting 11 are good, but apart from Neal, O Connor and Street, the backup players arent quite good enough.

Someones cost us whos Coles man ,as i aint been cant judge a very poor reward for a team who had enough attempts by look of it win.three away games .

Least queenybantam will be happy with Vale giving them the game.

Kelly and Birchall whats the point in them ?

Didn't create enough chances let alone didn't take them. We were better first half but no real threat and second half were awful.

Subs were dreadful.

Got what we deserved and back to drawing board.

Would like to see JJ on the bench as bringing on AJ hasn't worked once.

Can't criticise the defence for the number of goals conceded to date....can't criticise the midfield for quality and attractive football they're playing.

Strikers are giving it there all I'm sure and im not going to criticise them but it's clear we need someone more prolific up front....easier said than done and I'm sure this will be a common topic of debate.

As it stands we are a mid table team who are really tough to play against, play attractive football but really struggle in the final 3rd.

Definitely 3 points dropped today and shows we either need to get our strikers and midfield players scoring and taking the chances as they come or we need to get a loan player in who can.

Now we will get the calls for Page out due to the strange subs at the hour mark - that is when we gave it away. Think he should be judged at Xmas time.

How many times over the last couple of seasons have we conceded goals during injury time? Seems like far too many. Why at that late stage of a game do we not just ensure that the bl**dy ball stays in the opposition half? What are we doing yet again gifting a goal to the opposition with only seconds left on the clock? Drives me absolute barmy-get a grip Rob Page and ******* your defenders!

Reality check needed. Ignore the pointless league cup games. Played 5, won 1, drawn 3, lost 1. It's a bang average start especially when you take into account that includes Crewe (who everybody is beating) and Bradford who made a very poor start.

Starting with the same 11 that ran around for 120 mins at WBA on Tuesday evening is naive from Page. He's in the Micky mold of not changing a winning side. It's ridiculous when we've had the game midweek. Should've mixed it up a bit for me today with some fresh legs.

Very quickly turning into a shoulda, woulda kinda of season. We really should be sat on 10 plus points now. Instead we are on 6. It's all very well keeping the back door closed but if you can't hit the net at the other end it's pointless! 46 nil nils over a season would see you relegated. Frustrating.

Stuck in traffic leaving the ground - bossed it 1st half with some superb football, but no finishing edge .. 2nd half subs a joke , we were under the cosh a little before but lost all our shape afterwards, no outlet & no threat , kelly & birch all no where near good enough & how Dodds played another 90 mins is beyond me

Already our lack of a proven goal scorer has cost us too many points. Looking down the lower leagues, it's interesting to see that Luton have signed MacKail-Smith, Portsmouth Matt Tubbs and Cambridge Barry Corr, all with good goal scoring records but we don't seem to be able to match it. Even so, I don't see why we can't at least have JJ or even Campion on the bench when we need a goal. What would there be to lose? Bradford put their new signing on the bench as soon as he signs, and he comes on and scores the winner. It certainly worked for them!

Archived