onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams in The Times

Jacko51

I'm looking at full seasons, not judging someone on 6 games of a career with us.

On that basis, you can't judge Rob Page at all, so your point is still moot.

Since I was the one that posted the story about Sligo Rovers, I think it's fair to say I have a tremendous amount of respect for Micky

Advert

I'm not remembering or judging him based on that, we can point back to his record throughout 2014 if I wanted to do that (worse than Page's this year I think?) I've said many times on here, he did a great job in League 2 with us and he has my eternal gratitude. The time was right for him to go however, and we have progressed since he has gone, albeit not as quickly as some people seem to want.

I've missed only Swindon and Fleetwood this season as away games. Given they are the only times we've scored a goal, I'm assuming you aren't referring to either of those? Otherwise, I've not seen anything as bad. All about opinions though I guess, although I feel both of us are perhaps guilty of partly seeing what we want to see.

If I'm honest Burton was as bad as anything I've seen for a good while. Sending off or no sending off there was no excuse(imo anyway) for the abject effort in the 2nd half. Literally just kicking the ball anywhere when getting it out of defence.

I do agree though I wouldn't say the performances have been utter garbage(Burton aside) but it's like there is something missing and the team are doing nowhere near enough in games(Bury was another example and I suspect Southend and Bradford pretty similar although I didn't go!)

On that basis, you can't judge Rob Page at all, so your point is still moot.

Since I was the one that posted the story about Sligo Rovers, I think it's fair to say I have a tremendous amount of respect for Micky

I'm judging Page on virtually a full season last season and more than 6 games this so I'd defend the two scenarios are different.

I'd completely agree, I think you do have respect for him as do the majority of Vale fans I've talked to.

Back on topic,I wish Micky well .I will always remember he gave me a massive boost during my darkest days,beating cancer and suffering a Vale relegation/Stoke promotion when I was really ill!!Micky came along and helped my football team to achieve promotion against all odds and luckily we are still in a higher division .The success really helped me on my horrible journey.Thanks Micky Adams!!!

Back on topic,I wish Micky well .I will always remember he gave me a massive boost during my darkest days,beating cancer and suffering a Vale relegation/Stoke promotion when I was really ill!!Micky came along and helped my football team to achieve promotion against all odds and luckily we are still in a higher division .The success really helped me on my horrible journey.Thanks Micky Adams!!!

Onya Bon'Ami :yes:

Yet another great story of what our managers/players/Admin & other support staff do away from match days.

Going back to when Boomer was first very ill I have read many sentiments on Onevalefan sharing with us the personal generosity and time given by Port Vale staff - from the days of JR to Gerrard the 'Picture Man'. :)

True enough I suppose' date=' personally I just prefer to judge managers on promotions, trophies and win ratios.[/quote']

I thank Micky for all he did, but his win ratio in 2014 prior to his resignation was shambolic. Coupled with the god awful perfomances and it was time to go. He'd ran out of ideas and we weren't improving. I'm not saying Page is the answer to our prayers, but Micky certainly wasn't. Great in League 2, below average in League 1.

Oh and congratulations to Micky (as it is what the thread is about) for saving Sligo from relegation. Looked like he had a tough job on his hands and he managed it.

Onya Bon'Ami :yes:

Yet another great story of what our managers/players/Admin & other support staff do away from match days.

Going back to when Boomer was first very ill I have read many sentiments on Onevalefan sharing with us the personal generosity and time given by Port Vale staff - from the days of JR to Gerrard the 'Picture Man'. :)

Is he actually saying that Micky personally helped him or just that his part in getting us promoted cheered him up? I think it's the latter...

Archived