onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams in The Times

Jacko51

Advert

No we progressed virtually every if not every season under him. We finished 9th in his last season' date=' oh for those days now 😱[/quote']

When he left (your criteria, not mine) we were second bottom and heading for relegation. I assume you weren't at his last 3 games if you dispute this (Posh and Crewe away, Bristol City at home) as they were the 3 worst performances I've ever seen from a Vale side since the days of Glover and Sinnott. I'm not sure we've ever been back in the bottom 4 since Page first took us out of it?

Re. your last point, I'd rather finish between 10th and 14th (where I think we'll be this season) watching some of the games we've seen at VP this season, than 9th watching Micky Adams football.

When he left (your criteria, not mine) we were second bottom and heading for relegation. I assume you weren't at his last 3 games if you dispute this (Posh and Crewe away, Bristol City at home) as they were the 3 worst performances I've ever seen from a Vale side since the days of Glover and Sinnott. I'm not sure we've ever been back in the bottom 4 since Page first took us out of it?

Shows how fickle football fans are to judge and remember him on 3-6 games after the years of progression he had made with us.

I've been to a few away games this season that would rival any crap performances of the Glover and Sinnott era not to mention the god awful performance against Blackpool at home which rivalled the 0-0 with Barnet!!

Shows how fickle football fans are to judge and remember him on 3-6 games after the years of progression he had made with us.

I've been to a few away games this season that would rival any crap performances of the Glover and Sinnott era not to mention the god awful performance against Blackpool at home which rivalled the 0-0 with Barnet!!

I'm not remembering or judging him based on that, we can point back to his record throughout 2014 if I wanted to do that (worse than Page's this year I think?) I've said many times on here, he did a great job in League 2 with us and he has my eternal gratitude. The time was right for him to go however, and we have progressed since he has gone, albeit not as quickly as some people seem to want.

I've missed only Swindon and Fleetwood this season as away games. Given they are the only times we've scored a goal, I'm assuming you aren't referring to either of those? Otherwise, I've not seen anything as bad. All about opinions though I guess, although I feel both of us are perhaps guilty of partly seeing what we want to see.

I think he means from Micky's 9th place finish season before last, which granted is a ****ing stupid way of looking at things because that's not where we were when he left

I'm looking at full seasons, not judging someone on 6 games of a career with us.

Yes it probably was time for him to move on as he recognised this and kindly walked away (how many managers would to that in this day and age) but the positives far outweigh the negatives of Adams reign as success is the be all and end all of football nowadays.

Some people are so hate filled they would prefer to forget the progression we made under him in favour of the fact he was a blunt man who didn't tolerate fools (Bratt aside).

True enough I suppose' date=' personally I just prefer to judge managers on promotions, trophies and win ratios.[/quote']

Comparing the 2 based on promotions is harsh, as RP didn't spent years trying to get us out of an easier league, nor has he finished a season with his own players yet. Trophies won is 0-0 as far as I'm aware, unless I was asleep for our day at Wembley under MA? Not sure on win ratios, Adams is probably higher but I would be surprised if there is much in it in their respective League 1 ratios.

Archived