onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Micky Adams in The Times

Jacko51

"Millionaire Micky running a chip shop you have to laugh......." (Mario)

...Exactly.

With pay-offs at Brentford, Brighton, Leicester, Fulham, Sheff Utd (+ others?) I'm fairly sure that with his million+ bank balance, he doesn't need to worry where his next penny is coming from. He does say "I'm not asking for sympathy" - good, because I don't expect many of the poorly paid people in this area to have much for him.

Advert

. We had some good times under his leadership but also plenty of bad ones

Surely it's the other way round. Plenty of good times and some bad ones. Overall MA was a big success at VP. he was given 3 mains jobs.

1: secure league 2 survival

2:Get promoted

3: secure league 1 survival.

He achieved all 3.

He was what we needed at the time but that doesn't mean he should be in charge forever; a change was overdue.

I honestly think I might be dead now if he was still in charge.

I totally agree. His time was up and it was the right time for him to move on.

I have watched Tranmere quite a lot over the last 28 years we have lived on the Wirral. They are my second team after Port Vale. They have brushed with re-election, got in to the Championship playoffs, reached the League Cup Final and now slid down the league to be relegated to the Conference. Some of this is the end of ownership where the millionaire finally stopped wanting to lose money and did in is leaving over too longer period causing decline. Last season I watched Tranmere play Burton at home. It was the worst defence I have ever seen in 40 years of going to professional games. Also up front Hugall appeared not to be trying and was taken off at half time. A month later he is on loan at Hartlepool from Preston. It was desperate, like an infection throughout the team. I think it is very hard to turn around a problem of that magnitude and I hope this venture goes better for him.

He's signed Jeno, funny.

It was interesting to watch JMW at Tranmere. The pitch is much smaller than Vale Park and the stands are very close to the pitch. He is renowned for coming inside on his left foot. With no room to work he was completely negated at Tranmere, hopeless really. And clearly coming on loan his confidence was shot. I felt sorry for him because Tranmere also didn't have the players good enough to give him a chance by progressive passing or one over the top.

Well, If Smurfs reaction to the substitutions at Bradford is anything to go by, Vale could be looking for another manager shortly.

I expect Moore was substituted because he had been ill. Andoh and Uche are regularly subbed by him as running out of steam. I thought Uche should be left on. Andoh maybe needs protection as a young player and I might not have started with him.

Bradford are not particularly good and we should have executed them in the first half. But then second half we tired because of WBA extra time. I think Page tried to keep shape and beat them which is why like for like subs were made. But he misread the game. Bradford became really dangerous in the last 20 minutes because they were in better physical shape with no mid week game. We started to give them chances and that was a sign to react defensively and play on the counter attack. To be fair with more quality in the last third we could have won near the end, but didn't.

• 3 weeks later...
Surely it's the other way round. Plenty of good times and some bad ones. Overall MA was a big success at VP. he was given 3 mains jobs.

1: secure league 2 survival

2:Get promoted

3: secure league 1 survival.

He achieved all 3.

Achieved against the blackest backdrop in vale's history !

• 4 weeks later...

Archived