onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Striker - JJ Hooper

panhead

Advert

From the video JJ looks a bit stiff rather than fluid, but not so statuesque as the non-league defences. Took his goals calmly and didn't waste energy on celebrations. Could be that he just did the minimum needed and there's more to come if the situation (i.e. Div 1) demands it.

I too hope he sticks with that formation and would imagine JJ Will be battling it out with Uche for the lead striker role, with AJ competing with Dodds for the withdrawn role.

We now have good competition for every position on the field.

agreed. Very good options.

Up top - Ikpeazu, Hooper, Campion

Number 10 - Dodds, Leitch-Smith

Wingers - Moore, Kelly, Andoh, Lloyd

Centre mid - O'Conner, Grant, Foley, Brown

If we could loan Campion and Lloyd out for the season and maybe get another winger in on loan from a premier league club I'd be very happy.

Why do we have Birchall with all that in front of him?

I'd rather Dodds/AJ to feed, Uche to hold up and JJ to smash in the pull back.

Andoh or Moore out and out winger, the other to support and track back.

O'Connor in the middle with Grant or Brown to break up.

Purkiss/Streete/Inniss and one of the wingers to track back?

I'm trying to understand what kind of formation that is......nope. Can't do it.

3-3-2-2??

Are you talking about the competition or his belly?

Personally, I like Birchall, but we never play him in his correct position, in centre mid.

Agreed. Apart from with us he's played almost his entire career in centre mid. He's certainly not got the pace for a position on the wing.

However, would you still say that he would get in centre mid before O'Conner, Foley, Grant or Brown? He's a hard worker but his quality doesn't match what these players have.

Plus I can't see Page putting him in the centre.

If/when he does sign we could potentially go with the following:

4-2-3-1

Neal/Alnwick

Purkiss, Streete, Innis, Dickinson

Grant, O'Connor

Moore, Dodds, Andoh

JJ

Or:

4-3-3

Neal/Alnwick

Purkiss, Streete, Innis, Dickinson

....................Brown.................

...........Grant...........O'Connor....

......AJ...........................JJ........

…….….............Uche...................

Either way, they don't look too bad to me.

Archived