onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 15/16 season

TylerB

Advert

Just great for Leicester. Why did Spurs lose their heads with 15 mins still to play and as for Chelski, an excuse for a football team at the moment, Diego Costa is the biggest drama queen in football and how is Mikel still picking up a Premiership wage, awful, limited player.

For those who are interested I was curious to who you think will be challenging for the title, and also who are your favourites to go down at this moment in time?

Personally I think that the title will be between two London clubs, Arsenal and Chelsea. Arsenal need to get off to a good start, or at least not fade so badly over the Christmas period. But they have a silly amount of attacking options while also being better in defense than in previous seasons, mostly because of Koscielny, who was become a world-class centre-back when he's at his best, along with the improvement of two young players last season in Coquelin and Bellerin. I have a feeling that it really could be there season, but also wouldn't be surprised to see them have a poor couple of months somewhere that costs them the title. Chelsea haven't really improved there starting 11 from last season at all and now seem unlikely to. But under Mourinho they will always find a way and will always be competitive. They still aren't up there with the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid, though, and are much more solid than spectacular. Eden Hazard being the one exception of course. If Costa doesn't perform and score goals though, and he did tail off at the back end of last season, then you do worry about them.

Man City have signed Sterling and Delph but neither can be considered marquee signings. In regards to Sterling the move to City will either make or break him. He'll either blossom into the world-class player I think he has the potential to be one day or he'll go the same way as the likes of Wright-Phillips and Rodwell. I don't particularly rate Pellegrini as I've mentioned more than once on this forum and think that United could well finish above them this season. In regards to United, I think they'll be right up there but at the end of the day they're still poor at the back in the central area and will concede goals against the better sides. They badly need a Ramos or a Hummels as none of Jones, Smalling, Evans or Rojo are good enough for a club that size, although in fairness Smalling did improve as the season went on.

I've been satisfied with Brendan Rodgers' transfer business on the whole, and if Benteke and Firmino settle quickly there's no reason at all why they will take as long as they did last season to find consistency. With the likes of Benteke, Firmino, Lallana, Ibe and Coutinho to call upon, hopefully along with a fit and firing Sturridge, nobody can say that they lack quality going forward. They still need a partner for Skrtel though unless Lovren can come good this upcoming season.

Spurs should start with a pionts deduction and a massive fine for the disgraceful scenes at Chelsea imho

Spurs should have had at least three players sent off, plus there manager sent to the stands, and as for the gutless ref; he should be demoted to none league, and be made to work his way back to top.

Clattenburg is one of the best refs in England but you could have put half a dozen refs in charge of that game and it would have made not difference - two teams hell bent on causing mayhem.

Clattenburg is one of the best refs in England but you could have put half a dozen refs in charge of that game and it would have made not difference - two teams hell bent on causing mayhem.

A disgrace, reminded me of a full scale lower league clogging derby match. But these are super fit skilled footballers, not mis-timing tackles but deliberate actions to slow down their opponents. Mind you I was disappointed with the actions of some Real Madrid players last week, it is a nastier game than it used to be. The goal mouth scrums need sorting next season from the first match, a batch of reds will send the message to all leagues before it gets really out of hand.

Completely agree. The problem is the clubs will get relatively tiny fines which serve as no deterrent and the managers defend their players.

For me persistent offences on a scale like this - say 5 bookings in a match should result in a escalating scale of punishment which eventually include point deductions etc.

Agree...I think Clattenberg handled the game very well, it would have been a whole lot worse had Oliver been the official last night. I thought it was great to watch and good to see both teams getting stuck in, just like the good old days before we got swamped by poncey foreigners, yes there was a few off the ball incidents but mostly the players were shaking hands after making a hard tackle, both teams could have had a few sent off but give me that sort of determination any time as to what I have witnessed watching the Vale this season.

Spurs lost their heads and semed intent on trying to get Chelsea down to ten men.Never seen them adopt those kind of tactics before and it obviously backfired.Watch put for Hazard in the

Watch out for Hazard in the Euro's,he seems to have been saving himself until these last few weeks?

Agree...I think Clattenberg handled the game very well, it would have been a whole lot worse had Oliver been the official last night. I thought it was great to watch and good to see both teams getting stuck in, just like the good old days before we got swamped by poncey foreigners, yes there was a few off the ball incidents but mostly the players were shaking hands after making a hard tackle, both teams could have had a few sent off but give me that sort of determination any time as to what I have witnessed watching the Vale this season.

Oh yeah shaking hands and knocking pensioners on the ground to get to each other and rut like stags.

**** off Danny Rose!

Why did Spurs lose their heads with 15 mins still to play .

Just showed that they are not yet ready to win it..for a long time United won so many important matches in the last 15 minutes and we saw City do the same a couple of seasons back. Hope Spurs come back stronger

But anyways..well done Leicester, deserved champions

Massive congratulations obviously goes it to Leicester City for what is now an unbelievable achievement. Despite being champions they are going to find it massively difficult to keep hold of the likes of Schmeicel, Kante and Mahrez as some of Europes biggest clubs will no doubt be in for them and will probably be able to offer massive wages. Credit also has to go to Spurs who were up there all the way and have played some of the best football on show this season. They probably rely on Kane a bit too much up top but with a couple of good additions they'll be challenging again next year.

Next season could be just as exciting. Man City will be strong under Guardiola. Chelsea have Conte who will surely improve them and United will probably spend money whoever is in charge this summer and despite a poor season they still have some excellent young players who will only get better. Liverpool under Klopp is an exciting project and they have shown in various games this season that they can not only compete with the bigger teams but also put them to the sword - Finding consistency is the key, and there'll be many ins and outs this summer.

I'm afraid Arsenal will continue to be the same old Arsenal until a managerial chance is made as Wenger has simply been there too long, and some fresh ideas are needed at that club.

Archived