onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Uche Ikpeazu

Memphis

But where are the goals coming from THIS season?

Can't do much worse than we Did last season. We scored with Willo and Danny N'Guessan up front last season and I'd prefer Ikpeazu plus Dodds, Kapend or Campion than the aforementioned. Pope made very little difference last season despite his usual 100% effort when on the pitch.

Advert

But where are the goals coming from THIS season?

I certainly hope that Uche can manage what Pope did last season, that leaves us with another striker needing to get 7 or so goals, again, I would certainly hope the other striker in question could do that. I expect Moore and dodds to score more than last season, Foley can when played in advanced role as well. The other two key goal improvements for me are Oconnor who has already said Grant signing will increase his goals and the centre backs, hopefully our centre backs can score a few more than those last time round.

Personally I dont think we scored enough last season and there are many areas that we could certainly score more from.

I certainly hope that Uche can manage what Pope did last season, that leaves us with another striker needing to get 7 or so goals, again, I would certainly hope the other striker in question could do that. I expect Moore and dodds to score more than last season, Foley can when played in advanced role as well. The other two key goal improvements for me are Oconnor who has already said Grant signing will increase his goals and the centre backs, hopefully our centre backs can score a few more than those last time round.

Personally I dont think we scored enough last season and there are many areas that we could certainly score more from.

Very well said I think fans will be surprised this season with kapend let all just wait and see

signing ikpeazu is massive for our club as it stands....however I think we are one ryan inniss away from the playoffs or better......but things are looking a lot more hopeful for the new season. I must use this opportunity to thank smurf for all his efforts in trying to rid the club of its deadwood and bring in some exciting players.........I personally cant wait for the crewe game. smurfs brought in a decent group of players now its time for everyone to BACK HIM and the new lads. UP THE VALE

I agree. We're attempting to replace two strikers that scored 14 league goals between them last year. Pope was good and we will miss him, but I believe Uche can step up to replace him, and Dodds is a better player than Williamson who will create more chances for the players around him than Williamson can do.

We didn't score enough last year and that needs rectifying. Are we taking a risk with the players we're replacing Pope and Williamson with? Yes, but whatever we did was always going to be a risk. Too many on here think they can see in the future. Let's wait and see.

May be Page and co think that if he can get more players to score the goals than a main striker it will help vale as teams will not be able to double up on certain players like they did with pope and marshal last season

Williamson was pants in League One, he's barely a football league player, and Pope was average at best. He was also unfit for most of the season for whatever reason. If Page and his staff have any idea what they are doing then it shouldn't be anything like an impossible task to replace them both. Ikpeazu is a decent start and I feel is already an improvement over Ben Williamson potential wise.

Williamson was pants in League One, he's barely a football league player, and Pope was average at best. He was also unfit for most of the season for whatever reason. If Page and his staff have any idea what they are doing then it shouldn't be anything like an impossible task to replace them both. Ikpeazu is a decent start and I feel is already an improvement over Ben Williamson potential wise.

I would say Uche was in for Pope and AJLS (if he signs) in for Willo but I get your point

I would say Uche was in for Pope and AJLS (if he signs) in for Willo but I get your point

Perhaps. We have to remember though that he's a young kid and is going to be have raw parts to his game, and it would be completely unrealistic to expect him to come in and bang in 15 or more goals if he stays the full season. I don't think Leitch-Smith is the answer. He's a hard-worker and wiling, but we badly need a goal poacher, someone that has scored goals in this league in the past, or at least been prolific in League Two. Easier said than done I'm sure, but if we can find a proven striker then that could be the difference between a bottom half finish again or challenging in the top half.

Why is everyone moaning about the where the goals are coming from? I belive Uche can match what Pope did last year probably better. Marshall is a big miss and scored 7 goals yet hopefully this year we will play 2 wingers Moore, Kelly, Andoh and Foley who should all be able to score 7 goals between them. And everyone has already stated how easy it should be to replace Williamson.

Point is we don't need 1 player to score a bagful of goals, we we need lots of players to score a handful of goals each.

We also have Kapend. The players like Moore and Campion will have a full pre season which will be like 2 new signings.

Welcome to VP Uche! Certainly a great build for a striker lets hope we can get the best out of him.

I'm hopeful Byron Moore can have a good season too, be like a new signing if he is in the right place and can stay fit. Liked the look of Andoh against 'Castle too(admittedly first game and not a good level of opposition) but he seems skillful.

Campion clearly the jury is out however I don't get all the posters saying he is obviously not good enough. What's he played 1 start and a handful of sub appearances? As P.E. ST6 says he will have a full pre-season lets judge the bloke after a dozen games or so. There is evidently something there(as the standard of the goals for the reserves he's scored look excellent). OK it's not a real game and the intencity isn't there but lets see how he goes eh?

Archived