onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Uche Ikpeazu

Memphis

The amount of match winning points Marshall was involved in last season kept vale in the league, yes maybe greedy in terms of money, but still needed in my view best winger in years

I know that.But he was offered a contract he had his chance to sign it.IF he really really wanted to stay he would have signed it.It looks as though he is now without a club.His choice.He can blame his agent if he wants to do so,that's his choice.Smurf has done right with this.Sets an example a good example that players/ agents do not pull all the strings.Play it the other way and offer him another contract but reduced.See if he is still Interested then.

Advert

Par for the coarse moaning l have learn't

Inniss is in question

I am funding all new signings (if any) from Monday onwards inc Uche

Even if Innis doesn't sign, I thought he was built into the budget? Also you won't know what you have got to fund yet as there are still STs to be sold and crowds next season could be good if we do well, so it might not cost you anything. Uche is a good signing, Inniss falling through would be very disappointing given the airtime it has been given on Social media.

I know that.But he was offered a contract he had his chance to sign it.IF he really really wanted to stay he would have signed it.It looks as though he is now without a club.His choice.He can blame his agent if he wants to do so,that's his choice.Smurf has done right with this.Sets an example a good example that players/ agents do not pull all the strings.Play it the other way and offer him another contract but reduced.See if he is still Interested then.

I agree, this is similar to a post I wrote week or so ago about standing up to greedy players and agents who think they are big time Charlie's and can name their price, tough luck Marshall you made your bed, lie in it. It's about time chairmen stood up to them Smurf's is spot on on this one.

If Marshall came back with his tail between his legs and would accept a 3 year contract on reduced terms, what would the consensus on here be?

"I'm not signing the contract at vale, I'll wait and take my pick from all the big offers that will come flooding in for me, then if that fails I can allways go back and little old port vale will welcome me back with open arms. As melv says he had his chance and blew it, stuff him.

Marshall will get a club before the kick-off.

He's a quality player at this level and will be an asset to any team in this league.

Not all players have got fixed up yet.

I'd have liked him here. We haven't replaced him. When he came he replaced M-W. But we haven't got anyone in the squad like those two any more and it's a big loss to us.

O'connor didn't sign for us until July 31st last year. Marshall will get a club no problem and calling him a silly boy for not re-signing for us is a bit rich from someone who has been spouting on social media about a done deal signing that is about to go **** up

O'connor didn't sign for us until July 31st last year. Marshall will get a club no problem and calling him a silly boy for not re-signing for us is a bit rich from someone who has been spouting on social media about a done deal signing that is about to go **** up

He had his chance to sign his contract same as everyone else.He decided to not sign it.He had his choice its now looking that he wants to sign it (a bit late).O 'Connor if I remember right agreed to sign his contract before but was away and thats why he couldnt actually put the pen to the paper.

If Smurf just simply agreed to Marshall signing the contract that was offered then other player's / agents would try do do the same.Its good to see that in this case the player/agent don't own all the cards.IF he is suddenly so interested in signing a contract then maybe consider a revised one that is more in the clubs favour.

As some are saying Marshall will get a club no problem. He's a very good league 1 player. If possible and for some reason no other club does want him; I think we should offer him a one year deal with reduced terms, if he signs we have an excellent player cheap if not then oh well. We certainly shouldn't break the bank to sign him (or anyone at this level)

Again as mentioned earlier I would prefer another decent forward in to play with uche.

Got to think with the head and not the heart on this one, Marshall is a quality player and if he wants to sign now and his motivation is 100% to play for PVFC then sign him.
Surely the other way about? Signing him on the same terms would be with the heart, whereas a business decision not to sign him since he turned our offer down, would be with the head.

Marshall is a silly boy :(. He had his chance to sign and he didn't sign it :(. Surprised he hasn't found a new club yet. He was a quality player for Vale last season. Gutted we can't sign him back up because of the budget. Life moves on. Uche is set to sign tomorrow according to Smurf. Uche will be a good signing for us. He impressed me while he played against us for Crewe last season. It would be nice to bring a striker who can score 20+ a season alongside him. Apparently we also want ex spurs striker Souleymane Coulibaly who is currently on trial at Crewe. He has scored 3 goals in two games. Vale scouts have been at the two games to watch him.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/12/crewe-trialist-souleymane-coulibalys-impressive-performances-att/?

Got to think with the head and not the heart on this one, Marshall is a quality player and if he wants to sign now and his motivation is 100% to play for PVFC then sign him.

If his motivation was 100% to play for PVFC he would have signed the contract offered to him.

Archived