onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mark Marshall - Chesterfield?

bar1

I think we're certainly better stocked in the wing department than upfront.

If he does leave we've still got Byron Moore, Kelly, Lloyd (still only 21 which surprised me), Birchall (yes, I know what some will say at the mention of that name), Andoh, Dodds (though he's surely going to be the withdrawn forward) and the youngster Haughton.

Poor Colin Daniel. :(

Advert

smurf in sentinel says that marshall and veselli have had their contract offers withdrawn as they have not responded

It's a shame to lose them. But we can't be waiting around forever to them to make their minds up, effectively holding the club's summer progress up whilst they decide what they want to do.

Onwards and upwards.

Quite right. A bit of a forgotten man and I thought Daniel was quite good. His goals were great and valuable too. He exceeded my expectations

I think Daniel really ought to be given a go up front, his physique certainly fits the battering-ram type forward we seem to be now looking for. that's not to say we shouldn't still be looking for 2 new forwards. But Daniel's no winger and certainly no full back IMO so it might be that he needs molding into a specific role. I think there are no such things as "utility" players anymore, as invariably even in our league it's a weakness that 9 times out of 10 gets exploited, a la Veseli at right back and the number of points he cost us towards the end.

I hope he does well for us but in my view Daniel isn't good enough to nail down a place in the team.

He had a few cameo appearances from the bench but when he started games he was anonymous.

He really isn't the answer if we want to push on but as we stand we don't have anyone better.

Archived