onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope confirms 3yr deal at Bury.

MattW

Don't worry Bert there really are some folk on here who fail to realise what a gaff Smurthwaite has made.

I do wonder what new low the budget will drop to when the gates are down by a significant margin again this season.

It looks like the budget is going to be like water disappearing down a deep plug hole.

Back again for another moan i see........

Advert

How do you know the terms of his new deal? It's probably less than he was on last season at Vale, just not 60% less.

Where did I say I knew the terms of his new deal? Pope himself said if there was little difference between the offers from Vale and elsewhere he would stay. We obviously got nowhere near his offer from Bury. The 3 year part of it is common knowledge, the money part of it is all speculation, as you did with your post.

But one final post For Us All (but not for me sadly) -after the abuse Old Sage has received on here for simply stating his views and opinions, I don't want to really pass any more comments on here which is supposed to be a forum for fans views whether you agree or not. I find some of the posters absolutely pathetic in the way they respond without offering a counter argument or a different opinion just a childish repost.

This used to be a great forum for debate about all things to do with our wonderful club where you could disagree without fear of having someone having a pathetic attempt to ridicule you. Sadly no longer - I think of people like OS and Nick who are vale to the bone and now, I suspect, get the wonderful thumbs down because of who they are NOT what they post. Truly ridiculous in my opinion

No its constant negativity. There is no need for it, it has been clear that Pope was leaving for a while and whether you agree with him leaving we dont need constant negative posts from certain posters constantly declaring that we are going down and moaning at the chairman. What ever happened to just supporting the club!!?

My hope for Tom, or any other lower league footballer getting a better wedge than the punters, is that he squirrels away some of it because come the end of his football career he most likely will need to survive on a lower pay-day.

All the best to the man and his family.

He's moved on, and so must we.

Like most Valiants I don't know what's around the corner, but then again that's how it's been in my lifetime. Still, I've got my ST and, as always, my hopes and dreams for and in all things Port Vale.

:D

Where did I say I knew the terms of his new deal? Pope himself said if there was little difference between the offers from Vale and elsewhere he would stay. We obviously got nowhere near his offer from Bury. The 3 year part of it is common knowledge, the money part of it is all speculation, as you did with your post.

Post 117, "I'm glad we didn't match the length or terms of his new deal"

Don't worry Bert there really are some folk on here who fail to realise what a gaff Smurthwaite has made.

I do wonder what new low the budget will drop to when the gates are down by a significant margin again this season.

It looks like the budget is going to be like water disappearing down a deep plug hole.

The budget has been set and guaranteed by Smurf.£1.3 m plus 400k for new players.The £1.3m would have included Tom's offer,Marshall's offer,O'connor's offer and Lines' wages.Tom's gone,if the others go add their offers,plus any others who reject theirs, to the 400k.I'd re-estimate that we would have 800k+ for new players' wages for the new season.I believe Yeovil got promoted on an 800k budget.

But one final post For Us All (but not for me sadly) -after the abuse Old Sage has received on here for simply stating his views and opinions, I don't want to really pass any more comments on here which is supposed to be a forum for fans views whether you agree or not. I find some of the posters absolutely pathetic in the way they respond without offering a counter argument or a different opinion just a childish repost.

This used to be a great forum for debate about all things to do with our wonderful club where you could disagree without fear of having someone having a pathetic attempt to ridicule you. Sadly no longer - I think of people like OS and Nick who are vale to the bone and now, I suspect, get the wonderful thumbs down because of who they are NOT what they post. Truly ridiculous in my opinion

Who really cares about thumbs down? If you don't like them do like me and use the mobile forum on your phone where you don't see them.

People need to take more notice of Pope's comments yesterday where he said he understood the chairman and his need to run the club sustainably and his surprise at falling attendances. Even the player himself can see it and has no problems.

Post 117, "I'm glad we didn't match the length or terms of his new deal"

Ah, I see your confusion. We didn't offer him a 3 year deal. I believe this to be true, as we didn't offer anyone a 3 year deal. I was told that by a friend of someone who is employed by the club. He's been right before, I have no reason to doubt him now. It's a rather general statement that the club won't be offering 3 year deals to anyone, rather than me knowing the inner workings of Pope's new deal. The fact that he signed for Bury, instead of staying at Vale suggests we didn't get close to matching what Bury offered him, as he has quite clearly said on a number of occasions that if the money was close then he would stay.

I've put two and two together with the information in my hands and got the answer. It's not me knowing the terms of the deal, just me using a bit of logic to see that we didn't get close on the money front, and that we don't really offer 3 year deals to anyone :D

I've put two and two together with the information in my hands and got the answer. It's not me knowing the terms of the deal, just me using a bit of logic to see that we didn't get close on the money front, and that we don't really offer 3 year deals to anyone :D

That was your mistake, Stuart. You can't use logic on this site:D

Good luck Tom. I'm sure he'll get a good reception from home fans when he plays at Vale. Can't see either us or Bury getting promoted, so hope we see him the season after too.

Sounds like he'll be sensible with the money and if he's driving up to Bury, he'll have to stay off the pop.

Lighten up Bert,if you didn't have a laugh on here you'd cry,did you not see my smile?

n

I don't blame Smurf for cutting the cloth, or Pope for leaving, or people moaning at Smurf, or people moaning at Pope, or people moaning at the moaners.

I just wonder how many moaners at the whole deal pay for Sky sports, or even support English teams in Europe. If any of you do this, every time you hope for an English team goal in Europe against a foreign club, that is another nail in the coffin for us pauper clubs.

Football in general for a walk up/walk past person is too much. I use my Dad as a case study. Back in the early 90's he'd go to the odd game at Vale despite being a Stoke fan. I know former massive vale fans that don't go now due to cost and other priorities which make the game un affordable. It is the way it is.

If I was still in Stoke, at a cost of say £23 a game, I think I'd go to ten home games a season. That is where I'm at. We cannot afford to throw silly money at inconsistent players. If Pope WAS a good player, then surely we could have sold him?

Archived