onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pope confirms 3yr deal at Bury.

MattW

Advert

I don't earn the money Pope earns though do I? And if it was at a company that I apparently love then yes. Put it this way the offer from Vale was still a very good offer, yet he has chosen Bury. He has proven himself to be same as every other greedy footballer out there. So much for loyalty ey?

So if your company offered u 55% pay cut but another company offered u a 50% increase from the contract your on now u wouldn't leave ?? Yes u would so stop talking s*** u clown

Saddens me to see some of the comments on here.

All I know is Tom Pope pretty much singlehandedly made me proud to be a Vale fan again a few seasons ago. Not many have done that in recent years.

He goes with my very best wishes.

Agree

This young man gave the club an 'identity' not enjoyed since the unity of the Rudge era.

It was not just his goals, his general ball retention and hold up play, it was his enthusiasm - something those of us who can see beyond the glamour, cash and cra-p of the Premier League can see this. A poor Tom Pope offers 50% more than at least 80% of our squad.

I for one do not believe salaries quoted of £5k and the fact he would still be our highest paid player even when taking a 'drop'.

I would for the sake of the business reached an agreeable settlement with Tom - that may have meant sacrificing 2/3 of the fodder players who will soon take up contract offers.

Another major PR gaff imo.

For me there needs to be some positivity in the next few weeks.

I am Vale through and through - so was Tom...

I agree. Most of the people who seem to have a big problem with Pope leaving seem to think we're not going to make any signings to replace him and say we're starting up top with Willo and Campion next season. I'm pretty sure that won't be the case.

3 year deal on or near what Pope was on here? Ambitious at best, madness at worst. He's a good player and we'll miss him. But he's not irreplaceable. I'm glad we didn't attempt to match neither the length nor terns of his new deal.

How do you know the terms of his new deal? It's probably less than he was on last season at Vale, just not 60% less.

Irrespective of what the money involved I for one truly believe that we wouldn't be where we are without Tom. Some on here have had a dig and even ridiculed him but just remember you never know what you had until it's gone.

Letting your better players leave to supposedly inferior opposition rarely works out for the better. I sincerely hope Smurf's strategy works out but I really do have some very deep routed doubts regarding this -time will tell and I hope that I am wrong. Just because Smurf says it's for the good of future of the club doesn't necessarily mean that it is -it just means he thinks that it is!

Just for the record I have bought my season ticket.

Tin helmet on!

A leftfield thought.... Pope, a Vale Fan, goes to Bury, which allegedly has connections to certain people with dodgy pasts. Bury are throwing money round and will likely be in certain financial difficulty in a couple of seasons. Tom will therefore do his best to ensure Bury finish below Vale and go into financial meltdown.

I'd say that was a huge sacrifice.

Well done Tom! :ninja:

And that is based on ???????

End of my comments I knew it was coming but hoped that it wouldn't. Very depressed by this news dreading to hear who our dynamic new strike force will be.

Good decision,it's always time to call it a day when nobody responds after four consecutive posts.:yes::blushing2::D

You did!
Don't worry Bert there really are some folk on here who fail to realise what a gaff Smurthwaite has made.

I do wonder what new low the budget will drop to when the gates are down by a significant margin again this season.

It looks like the budget is going to be like water disappearing down a deep plug hole.

So if your company offered u 55% pay cut but another company offered u a 50% increase from the contract your on now u wouldn't leave ?? Yes u would so stop talking s*** u clown

Oh so you speak for me now do you? So you know these figures how? Are you Lee Matthews or just guessing? Clown.

Archived