onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Remie Streete released

Jacko51

And from what was a poor season that's not too bad. A bit more optimism around the place and that figure will increase. I agree with what's being said with regards to Smurf. I love the guy, but in this instance optimism will come from some top signings. If he made one ridiculously good signing and then promised more if people bought season tickets it might be a better approach if he must dangle said carrot.

That was point, for a team that narrowly avoided relegation, to finish half way in the attendance league isn't too bad, agree with the rest of what you say as well

Advert

No it ****ing isn't! He was good, on loan about ten years ago.

****ing Vale fans and their obsession with former players

+1. And Clarke is 33 years old, so the contract he signed with Bury is likely to be his last. He might have steadied the defence, but I would rather sign someone like Streete who can perform at this level and offers very good sell-on potential.

+1. And Clarke is 33 years old, so the contract he signed with Bury is likely to be his last. He might have steadied the defence, but I would rather sign someone like Streete who can perform at this level and offers very good sell-on potential.

I'm with you Vantaa.

Peter Clarke played a handful of games for us 12 years ago.

The problem is while Smurf and some Vale fans obsess themselves about signing two kids with 6 collective appearances, rival teams are strengthening with proven long-term quality signings. Yes, we need young talent, but they need to be coupled with experience. Clarke would have been a great addition, along with Streete or Inniss.

How do you know Clarke would be a great addition now at the age of 33?? Yes if we had signed him after his loan spell i would of been extremely pleased but last season he was part of a team shipping goals for fun,i personally think he has had is day and would choose Innis or Streete over him

I very much doubt if we could afford Streete's wages. Remember he was with a Premier League club and will probably get a Championship offer at the very least.

You are correct our current budget could not support his cost

That said we have 1st refusal and l will judge the mood on my return from Portugal a week on Monday

That said we have 1st refusal and l will judge the mood on my return from Portugal a week on Monday

The more season tickets sold the better the chance of getting him.So go get your STs (if you can afford to)

As an insight....At the moment, ill go as far to say the mood is pretty much of a downbeat gloomy feel. Harsh, maybe but as you say SMURF, let's be honest and forthright. I'd say the mood in a week will be of little difference.

....... and I'm one that's renewing my seat...

How do you know Clarke would be a great addition now at the age of 33?? Yes if we had signed him after his loan spell i would of been extremely pleased but last season he was part of a team shipping goals for fun,i personally think he has had is day and would choose Innis or Streete over him

At 33 he's still 6 years younger than Michael Brown, who did us a great job last season! Despite Clarkes Blackpool being relegated, if you check his stats he was still one of the best defenders in the Championship in terms of clearances, interceptions and blocked shots. It doesn't matter now anyway, as he's been snapped up by Bury. Let's hope a) Streete or Inniss can be tempted to Burslem and b) they're actually up to the task.

As an insight....At the moment, ill go as far to say the mood is pretty much of a downbeat gloomy feel. Harsh, maybe but as you say SMURF, let's be honest and forthright. I'd say the mood in a week will be of little difference.

....... and I'm one that's renewing my seat...

Well having agreed to underpin the budget irrespective of take ups due to the mood you feel l should lay out a very large addition to see if that lifts everybody.

That will be a no then... its difficult to justify.... on the one hand you say page has his budget and no more.... on the other you will consider going over it after your trip

That will be a no then... its difficult to justify.... on the one hand you say page has his budget and no more.... on the other you will consider going over it after your trip

Streete and Inniss are both in the budget but as loans from parent Club so now Streete has to be considered as an investment

Well having agreed to underpin the budget irrespective of take ups due to the mood you feel l should lay out a very large addition to see if that lifts everybody.

After last seasons performance [or lack of] they only way to "lift" people is to give them hope this season may be better.... signing 30 squad players who underperformed last season wont do it... the other alternative is to show them what the team can do but that would entail waiting until the team "perform".... that could be quite a wait... that one game too many [and several others] were dire

Archived