onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Remie Streete released

Jacko51

Streete and Inniss are both in the budget but as loans from parent Club so now Streete has to be considered as an investment

Were they in the budget at full salary?... if not he will blow the budget wide open... I understand the investment quality but he has to be paid in the meantime

Advert

page has been given a budget for next seasons first team. Smurf is willing to put his cash into younger players hoping they make the first team and sell them on at a profit this is Smurfs gamble. so give him a break and buy your season ticket and support the club.

I think also the fans need something to lift the gloom around the club, but we also need to support the club by purchasing season tickets. Whether it's in form of our better players signing like pope, Marshall or o connor or a bold move for streete or a striker who has scored goals consistently at league 1 level. I'm a positive supporter and look at our administration as the darkest days, so at the minute I'm content to sit and watch the pre season activity unfold but generally the mood of the fans is of great depression.

Were they in the budget at full salary?... if not he will blow the budget wide open... I understand the investment quality but he has to be paid in the meantime

No

If l see the support of the fans then this will be 1st of my direct investment

Well having agreed to underpin the budget irrespective of take ups due to the mood you feel l should lay out a very large addition to see if that lifts everybody.

No, because its no good just throwing money, that alone is not a solution.

The feeling given to those that do attend, was that there was to be a mass clearout of playing staff. I'm not stupid enough to believe that many will resign, but the statement of intent was there and the signals given to the hardcore were that we are taking giant backward steps.

I may well be wrong, but I won't be alone. The pre season is normally one filled with hope and excitement, but why does this one feel not so?

It's easy for us to say you should do this, that and the other, but we mean no harm. However, you bought the club and its you that has to decide what's the way forward. I'm just of the mind that building hype up is better than the plain blunt truth when selling season tickets. Just like players, supporters need motivating.

A clap of the hands and a clench of the fists or the cold, harsh sad truth with a bit of the bad from last season promised....

No, because its no good just throwing money, that alone is not a solution.

The feeling given to those that do attend, was that there was to be a mass clearout of playing staff. I'm not stupid enough to believe that many will resign, but the statement of intent was there and the signals given to the hardcore were that we are taking giant backward steps.

I may well be wrong, but I won't be alone. The pre season is normally one filled with hope and excitement, but why does this one feel not so?

It's easy for us to say you should do this, that and the other, but we mean no harm. However, you bought the club and its you that has to decide what's the way forward. I'm just of the mind that building hype up is better than the plain blunt truth when selling season tickets. Just like players, supporters need motivating.

A clap of the hands and a clench of the fists or the cold, harsh sad truth with a bit of the bad from last season promised....

And this is where l fail

I am a great believer in the cold hard facts do not like and will not give hype without substance

Well having agreed to underpin the budget irrespective of take ups due to the mood you feel l should lay out a very large addition to see if that lifts everybody.

To be fair though it could be a very good investment as i am sure he would be a very saleable asset in the future.....I know how much you put into Vale and i(someone who has and whose family have already renewed) appreciate it BUT you have to see that fans WILL come IF you bring in the quality players first,a show of intent so to speak,people wont buy on you saying this and that without seeing it

No

You wont see that though in a week,especially when no players have come in(not really expected with them being under contracts until end of June) and none of our better players signing as yet,people wont buy until they see positive things happening

No

Fair enough.

I understand the dilemma.... cart/horse.... chicken/egg... you need to see the support and the fans need to see possibility... there is an old saying... "Ive heard ducks fart before" [no offence intended]... bratt promised... deakin/miller promised... a clear out was suggested... and on and on... trust is hard to regain when its been broken so many times [not directed at you solely].

I can see the investment possibilities and I wish you luck with them

Quality over Quantity.

It may cost you more than you'd like now, but how much would a relegation cost you

It costs me nothing

I do not think people who hold the opinion you have, get it

I do not see the Club as an investment

If l walked away today other than my pride my life financially would be no different

I crave the same success you do but that will only be achieved as a partnership

The Club had 10 years of no investment and the wrong people milking it

Partnership of us both will prevail

Archived