onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rochdale 1 Port Vale 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

That's assuming page signed him Santa.

OK then, two scenarios:

1. Page is making all these signings himself, in which case we should be saying hwyl fawr to him very very soon.

2. Norman needs to have a good long look at himself in the mirror in the summer.

Compare and contrast how we've used the loan market this season and how Crewe have used the loan market.

Judging from the local radio and a friend of mine who was there, the game had 0-0 written all over it.

As it was meandering along I'm surprised that we didn't adopt a more offensive attitude after an hour and try and win the game rather than playing for a draw. But that's what Page does.

Hill brought on two forward and at least tried to alter the match in his favour but we more or less carried on in the same toothless manner. My spy tells me we wouldn't have scored if we were playing now!

Surely Culibaly was worth a run out at some point. He was pretty good on Saturday and if we want to score we need players like him on the pitch.

The trouble is Page perseveres with BW and brings Daniel on for a like-for-like swap with Birchall, still playing a lone striker for 90 minutes.

If we adopt this silly defensive mentality we'll be 3-4 down at HT against MKD. We surely need to go for it and get on the front foot. We can't keep them out for 90 minutes so will have to score 2-3 to get anything at all.

Be brave for once and put out an attacking line-up.

I agree with that. Pages tactics are awful and it's the same every week.

Keith hill did it today like you said, and Steve Davis did it last week at Sheffield utd. Thy were 1-1 with 15 left and on comes Ryan Coclough and guess what, he scored the winner.

Page would never do that at Sheffield and he didn't so it today at Rochdale.

Clueless.

OK then, two scenarios:

1. Page is making all these signings himself, in which case we should be saying hwyl fawr to him very very soon.

2. Norman needs to have a good long look at himself in the mirror in the summer.

Compare and contrast how we've used the loan market this season and how Crewe have used the loan market.

How many places are Crewe below Port Vale? How many goals have Crewe conceded ?

Just an observation incase you were commenting on the marvellous season the railway children have endured !

Just an observation incase you were commenting on the marvellous season the railway children have endured !

That isn't the point. Crewe would already have an R next to their name by now if they hadn't brought in Tate, Ikpeazu, Ajose, Ness... they have played the loan market far better than we have, no question.

Just got back after what was one of the worst games of football I have seen in a very long time. You would never have thought either team had anything play for, were Rochdale really fighting for the play offs and us fighting relegation because I thought it was a testimonial match. I really wished I had stayed in Manchester.

Please Norman the only way to save us is to get rid of Page now, appoint Brown for the last 5 matches, it might not work but with Page in charge we will be going down without a fight.

Do you think Page has actually signed a player yet as vale manager ?

If Smurf has been "Given" the players by Smurf without having any say in it then Smurf deserves all the flak he's surely going to get.

The fact is though Crwho have been below us all season but they will finish above us which could well leave us in the bottom 4. You can just see it and they have an easier run in than us. I hope not as the cocky ****s in their forum seem to have us nailed on for relegation. Steve Davis is more positive than our clown in charge though who wouldn't go for it if we were playing away at the Dog and Duck

just got back, - time for cool heads

For me I'd keep Page, - for now, Smurf would not appoint a replacement for the remaining games, - We'd be stuck with Glover and Grew.

Smurf wont get a replacement man in until it's clear what league we're in next season.

Now's the time to pull together.Recriminations can wait for another few weeks,.....

Admittedly there have been some strange decisions , - none more than Campion.

Give the lad a few minutes here, and a few minutes there, with an eye on next season,

For now , the important thing is everybody pulls together, fans, management, players, and chairman.

Not into boycotting the club because it's "difficult to watch". If you want easy, - go and watch premiership mediocrity up the D - Road

That isn't the point. Crewe would already have an R next to their name by now if they hadn't brought in Tate, Ikpeazu, Ajose, Ness... they have played the loan market far better than we have, no question.

There only decent loan signing has been Ajose, Tate and Ness been there most of the season, I would liken Ajose Impact to that of Inniss had for vale!! The rest of there loan signings been worse than vales, loan market not the way forward at all

For me I'd keep Page, - for now, Smurf would not appoint a replacement for the remaining games, - We'd be stuck with Glover and Grew.

Smurf wont get a replacement man in until it's clear what league we're in next season.

Now's the time to pull together.Recriminations can wait for another few weeks,.....

Give the lad a few minutes here, and a few minutes there, with an eye on next season,

For now , the important thing is everybody pulls together, fans, management, players, and chairman.

Not into boycotting the club because it's "difficult to watch". If you want easy, - go and watch premiership mediocrity up the D - Road

For me it would be get rid of Page and let Mr Brown have the caretaker role. Bring in Lee Hughes and let them run the team for the last five games. Nothing to loose, as I cant see us getting the points to stay in this league now. Lady luck took a great big dump on Pages Tactics today. 95th minute goal by an ex Vale Player. Thanks lady luck.

Well said.

I only just got back myself and I certainly don't think we deserved to lose. Thought Rochdale were poor and there for the taking; a more offensive approach in the last 30 minutes might well have seen us get a much better result.

One thing I would add is that the reaction to to the Pope - Williamson substitution was nothing short of a disgrace. Booing the lad and singing Campion's name as Ben took to the pitch was unacceptable. Oh, and if the hairy muppet who looks like Jeff Lynne with the pathetic and incorrectly worded 'Viva la campion' flag reads this, grow the **** up.

Archived