onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rochdale 1 Port Vale 0 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

It doesnt even need to be a high earning ceo just someone who has a half decent track record of running a club day to day because smurf hasnt a clue & clearly needs help.

I admit yes hes a novice but do we really want a novice playing football manager 2015 with our club? I imagine its very stressful running a clubwhen you have upteen experience but i imagine its doubly stressful running one with no prior knowledge. Football clubs arent like normal business, you are scrutinised almost daily & by a few hundred at low level & at top end by 10's of thousands....when your struggling its foolish folly to be stubborn & not seek help......its damn right negligible to have that help offered to yiu & reject it out of hand.

No CEO with even a half a track record of running a club will come to Vale for less than 75k-100/yr, think about what Deakin and Miller were allegedly paid.

Up to 6 games ago Rob Page was doing a good job and getting the best out of the players, just what has gone wrong during the last month is anyone's guess. Half time vs Orient we had 51pts and virtually safe, one miss-placed pass followed by a poor, poor ref decision to send Neale off and we're in the poo, such are the fine margins in this league at the moment.

I think Rob Page will make a good football manager and I'm sure he's drawing on his network for advice (how do you know he's not seeking help). The best thing for supporters to do is get behind Rob Page, Smurf and the team, we're all frustrated but it doesn't do any good booing and slagging the team and individual players off.

No CEO with even a half a track record of running a club will come to Vale for less than 75k-100/yr, think about what Deakin and Miller were allegedly paid.

Up to 6 games ago Rob Page was doing a good job and getting the best out of the players, just what has gone wrong during the last month is anyone's guess. Half time vs Orient we had 51pts and virtually safe, one miss-placed pass followed by a poor, poor ref decision to send Neale off and we're in the poo, such are the fine margins in this league at the moment.

I think Rob Page will make a good football manager and I'm sure he's drawing on his network for advice (how do you know he's not seeking help). The best thing for supporters to do is get behind Rob Page, Smurf and the team, we're all frustrated but it doesn't do any good booing and slagging the team and individual players off.

Doing a good job?? really?? ok.

:clap::yes::clap::yes:

For all his enthusiasm and supposed investment he isn't doing very well, is he?

Last years contract saga involving Adams and the players. Fail.

Appointment of Page this year. Fail.

Squad this year, including signings he is making. Fail.

PR. Fail.

Gates. Fail.

Backroom staff. Fail.

Closure of Railway Stand. Fail.

Twitter outbursts at individual players. Fail.

Yes he lobs some money at us and actually gives a stuff, but the hard truth is that as a chairman he's achieved very little (maybe the signing of Hughes to drag us to promotion).

I'm sure many will see this as blasphemy of our great leader though.

You once again bring up the closure of the railway stand, big deal, it really didnt make any difference, just because it made you upset that you couldnt sit in your correct seat for one game means nothing.

Squad this year? Adams signed the players, the players that Smurf has brought to the club, campion, nimely ect, have never been given a chance.

Appointment of Page. Yes it is a fail, I always thought it would be, but you cant blame the chairman for giving Page a chance, in hindsight it was the wrong decision but at the time even though I didnt agree I could understand the appointment, especially with the instant impact on results.

Backroom staff. In what way is this such a big fail? Yes he brought Glover in, but in my opinion there is no way his ideas are being portrayed on the pitch, if that is so then rob page shouldnt be in management. Veseli has come on leaps and bounds since the inclusion of Glover. (Should still go in my opinion)

Gates. I dont see how this is the chairmans fault, the players arent performing and therefore the gates are down, Smurf introduced an excellent offer for the Crawley and Oldham games, I dont see how this is entirely his fault.

I agree with you, in terms of PR, last year and twitter he has failed, but he is new to this, this certainly isnt the time to criticize the chairman who is passionate about the vale and does 'lob some money at us'.

Smurf certainly isnt perfect but he does bring passion to the vale, he does fund managers, and he has developed a plan for the future, as well as hiring important guys behind the scenes, I forget the mans name who recently joined but is very experienced in his position. Compare him to the previous owners and we are certainly stepping in the right direction. Its certainly not blasphemy as you say but I do think he deserves a little more credit from some than he gets and possibly more criticism from those who believe he is perfect.

yada yada yada hes put this in yada hes done that more yada....bottom line anyone with the financial means can buy a football club it doesnt mean they are capable of taking us forward. If i won millions tomorrow i could buy a club, wouldnt mean id be able take us forward.

Smurf has no plan a no co-ordinated approach & is now paying the price.

As ive said i feel sorry for him in sone ways but he does need to go he has made a holy mess of pvfc.

I stopped reading after yada, it's the only part that made sense.

I stopped reading after yada, it's the only part that made sense.

I remember you being one who supporter v2001 because "they saved us" originally.....it took a while for you to open your eyes & see it....but you got there in the end....

Dont worry once reality bites you will see the problems & , until then try to take the medicene regularly.

I remember you being one who supporter v2001 because "they saved us" originally.....it took a while for you to open your eyes & see it....but you got there in the end....

Dont worry once reality bites you will see the problems & , until then try to take the medicene regularly.

In the beginning many 'supported V2001' with some of us buying parcels of shares as an act of faith for a brighter future. By the end of 2004 our 'Dream was turning nasty and ultimately became our 'Nightmare.

However, it's my opinion you are showing poor form when you historically take the high moral ground to chide us for something we once believed but then later changed our minds.

That's a really good post. As much as I'm not happy with what the manager and the players are doing on the pitch as opposed to the guff they keep chirping in the press we do need to support thrm however badly they are doing their jobs at the moment.

In the beginning many 'supported V2001' with some of us buying parcels of shares as an act of faith for a brighter future. By the end of 2004 our 'Dream was turning nasty and ultimately became our 'Nightmare.

However, it's my opinion you are showing poor form when you historically take the high moral ground to chide us for something we once believed but then later changed our minds.

I'm not sure why BLB is showing such hatred towards the chairman as comparing him to any form of v2001 from start to finish is beneath contempt personally given what the man has done for our club and the improvements he's made maybe it's because the chairman has ridden his mrs like McCoy is going to ride his last Grand National nag, maybe he's Popey's dad or maybe he just doesn't like rotund silver haired bespectacled chaps from the East Midlands.

It's very easy to criticise someone when you are not in a position to do a superior job I guess but unlike the manager and players at least it appears the chairman is trying.

From a personal perspective I always loathed Lloyd joining the board and that was the turning point for me having seen first hand how he operates in business but I don't keep saying 'I told you so' to anyone that will listen, now aside obviously ;)

Not chiding anybody, im refering to G4E continuing to say get behind V2001 when it was apparant the wheels were falling off, i think everyone myself included supported them at the beginning.

But some blindly refused to see what was obvious in the last 12mths of v2001......

Anyway has page gone yet....if not why not....what does smurf feel hes bringing to the table to turn this around???

I'm not sure why BLB is showing such hatred towards the chairman as comparing him to any form of v2001 from start to finish is beneath contempt personally given what the man has done for our club and the improvements he's made maybe it's because the chairman has ridden his mrs like McCoy is going to ride his last Grand National nag, maybe he's Popey's dad or maybe he just doesn't like rotund silver haired bespectacled chaps from the East Midlands.

It's very easy to criticise someone when you are not in a position to do a superior job I guess but unlike the manager and players at least it appears the chairman is trying.

From a personal perspective I always loathed Lloyd joining the board and that was the turning point for me having seen first hand how he operates in business but I don't keep saying 'I told you so' to anyone that will listen, now aside obviously ;)

As ive said before REP but you seem to convenently miss it...i dont hate him, i just think hes doing a poor job mainly through his own stubborness.

I think you should see a doctor, i have never supported V2001, even from the outset. Your memory is as bad as your spelling.

I think you should see a doctor, i have never supported V2001, even from the outset. Your memory is as bad as your spelling.

Typing on a small screen with fat fingers isnt easy, mistakes bound to happen, doesnt mean i cant spell, but dont let that get in the way of a cheap jibe, you most definately did support v2001.....but thats history now, you keep on being happy with a chairman who is driving the club down the toilet with his stubborness!

As ive said before REP but you seem to convenently miss it...i dont hate him, i just think hes doing a poor job mainly through his own stubborness.

Well if he does you will be proven right. I'm not sure why you have to mention him in most on field related posts though. To me the biggest failures at the club are the players and the manager.

Archived