onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stay away fans

jeff1966

Advert

How about the simple economics of invest & they will come ?

We would have had more there yesterday if we'd have actually signed a player (not one who didn't even make the squad btw) than talking about it

Simple economics really

Christ almighty are you saying he should continue to put even more in when the incredible amounts he's already put in aren't baring fruit?

You don't keep throwing good money after bad especially when it's not being tespected and supported by some.

What the club need to do is live within its budget, stop being so extravagant and explore more commercial aspects.

Do you carry that same attitude when trying to sell your house or car???

"oh we cant sell our house, who wouldwe sell it too?"...

The not so subtle difference for Castle Kewdale is it is prime real estate in the City of Belmont, Western Australia where not a week goes by when developers, realtors, plus other independent parties make offers to buy: they want it; but we are not ready to sell.

By contrast, and whilst acknowledging Vale Park is great real estate, I'm not aware of a any such rush to buy as for Castle Kewdale.

We actually played quite well yesterday and with an on form striker we would have won.

I wouldn't say Swindon was our biggest game of the season,IMO that game is still to come,PNE.

Just another point, if that was supposed to be a party/ carnival day out by Swindon fans, then their normal away days must be pretty dull.

That was one real poor party.

They won't turn up when they know the team will bottle it. Happened 3 times now at home Crewe, Oldham and today. The fans won't turn up while we have the likes of Williamson, Duffy and Birchall still getting in the squad. They just ain't good enough - harsh but true.

Think I am being kind 'cus I could also mention Lines, Yates, Lloyd etc etc

If more turned up we could afford better players, and when did anyone last see Lloyd play? I have enjoyed most games this season and can see the improvement tactically that Page has brought to us and can`t understand why we have such poor attendances, perhaps we don`t deserve a 3rd division team.

Christ almighty are you saying he should continue to put even more in when the incredible amounts he's already put in aren't baring fruit?

You don't keep throwing good money after bad especially when it's not being tespected and supported by some.

What the club need to do is live within its budget, stop being so extravagant and explore more commercial aspects.

Christ almighty ..... Now who's being dramatic ?

But we do finally agree on something - the need to explore more commercial aspects !!!

I was there yesterday btw as I have been for the last 38 years, you ?

No - but even if they had i wouldn't take it for granted that they would just simply keep coming back for more

One of largest accountancy firms in the country

is it one of those companies who are run by people who like to take money of the vin ordinaire but don't want to get their hands dirty, because companies like those have mushroomed up from nothing and are to be avoided as they are usually run by and employ chancers.

Shocking attendance we have a chairman willing to move us on and we can't even get 6k at home on the back of a good run.Thanks Norm but I think you my be ****ing in the wind-thanks anyway.😓

I doubt there are many, if any, stay away fans.

We've got about 4500 hard core fans and our away support is fabulous. To take 1750 to Coventry was a great effort.

But attracting another 1500+ remains a difficult and elusive task.

Some might come back if the team is winning regularly, threatening the top two, and playing sparkling football a la Sir John Rudge (god bless him).

But we probably need more incentives to entice them back and a serious think about the match day experience. I'm not an expert but our commercial team need to step up to the mark.

I know two people who did not know about the Tuesday night price reductions. Our advertising has to be alot better. Flyers via the Advertiser and the odd advert in the Sentinel (expensive though that is).

Some of these things are probably daft and uneconomic but why not think about 1/2 price season tickets for newcomers, £20 for an adult/child joint ticket.

At rugby games they get children more involved (as jacko indicated) - carrying the match ball out, leading out the players, meeting the players beforehand, being given goody bags and a few free tickets now and again. Anything to get them back.

We can't match the product down the road and they can subsidise prices via Sky and SOT is a low paid area where many find it hard to make ends meet.

It's the youngsters we need to get through the gates but with any business you might have to speculate to accumulate for a few months.

Didn't we get 6000 ticket holders under Bratt one year. We'd take 20000 to Wembley and occasionally we can pack them in (Northampton) but we might have to accept a few losses in the short term to win back the armchair fans.

I know NS does his level best and has spent a king's ransom already on the Club.

Having a good manager is another key point. If Yeovil went up last year, we can do it.

We've got about 4500 hard core fans and our away support is fabulous. To take 1750 to Coventry was a great effort.

But attracting another 1500+ remains a difficult and elusive task.

Some might come back if the team is winning regularly, threatening the top two, and playing sparkling football a la Sir John Rudge (god bless him).

But we probably need more incentives to entice them back and a serious think about the match day experience. I'm not an expert but our commercial team need to step up to the mark.

I know two people who did not know about the Tuesday night price reductions. Our advertising has to be alot better. Flyers via the Advertiser and the odd advert in the Sentinel (expensive though that is).

Some of these things are probably daft and uneconomic but why not think about 1/2 price season tickets for newcomers, £20 for an adult/child joint ticket.

At rugby games they get children more involved (as jacko indicated) - carrying the match ball out, leading out the players, meeting the players beforehand, being given goody bags and a few free tickets now and again. Anything to get them back.

We can't match the product down the road and they can subsidise prices via Sky and SOT is a low paid area where many find it hard to make ends meet.

It's the youngsters we need to get through the gates but with any business you might have to speculate to accumulate for a few months.

Didn't we get 6000 ticket holders under Bratt one year. We'd take 20000 to Wembley and occasionally we can pack them in (Northampton) but we might have to accept a few losses in the short term to win back the armchair fans.

I know NS does his level best and has spent a king's ransom already on the Club.

Having a good manager is another key point. If Yeovil went up last year, we can do it.

Great post

Archived