onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stay away fans

jeff1966

Is it a dire attendance though? 4.5k Vale fans through the gate is about right isn't it..Smurfs got get real and understand we wont get more than that very often..

Next home game after Tues is good Friday against Colchester, so maybe Smurf can drop the price for that game to maybe a tenner??Could quite possibly get 7k if did that, just to get some ****** atmosphere down the Vale..

I don't see the point in just continually dropping prices time after time which isn't working and simply costing revenue.

I like Jacko and Bald Eagles ideas and my one from last season of a 'bring a mate to increase the gate' incentive which will offer value to the fan, the mate and the club on a sliding scale.

Advert

No he is telling us like it is!! He's putting his money in and we are slapping him in the face by not turning up!!

. You run your own business don't you ?? You put money in yes ??? Do you expect your customer base to just increase because you ask them to come & buy ? Maybe you should say hey if more people come into my shop & buy I'll invest in a new premium range .. Simple really isn't it ?

I don't see the point in just continually dropping prices time after time which isn't working and simply costing revenue.

I like Jacko and Bald Eagles ideas and my one from last season of a 'bring a mate to increase the gate' incentive which will offer value to the fan, the mate and the club on a sliding scale.

He's not suggesting continually dropping prices. What do you do for a living out of interest ?

. You run your own business don't you ?? You put money in yes ??? Do you expect your customer base to just increase because you ask them to come & buy ? Maybe you should say hey if more people come into my shop & buy I'll invest in a new premium range .. Simple really isn't it ?

Running a carpet business is not the same as running a football club my customers don't have the same affinity, people support football clubs from the heart you can't compare!!

He's not suggesting continually dropping prices. What do you do for a living out of interest ?

He's suggested yet another discount game - they don't work clearly.

I manage the Australasian / Asian side of an international business, good of you to ask, my clients are nothing like football fans so it's irrelevant if that's you line of reasoning.

When Smurf announced the 2 for £30 tickets, I said it wasn't good enough to get the walk up fans in, and I got slated for that, but obviously Beasty was right..;)

The atmosphere yesterday was shocking. So with Good Friday been the next weekend home game, it might be good idea to drop prices, as most people will be off work anyway, and basically just to fill the Vale as much as possible..Because Colchester will only bring a couple of hundred..

Were not going up, and were not going down, so do you honestly think walk up fans will pay £22 of their hard earned money to watch a mid table side?

When Smurf announced the 2 for £30 tickets, I said it wasn't good enough to get the walk up fans in, and I got slated for that, but obviously Beasty was right..;)

The atmosphere yesterday was shocking. So with Good Friday been the next weekend home game, it might be good idea to drop prices, as most people will be off work anyway, and basically just to fill the Vale as much as possible..Because Colchester will only bring a couple of hundred..

Were not going up, and were not going down, so do you honestly think walk up fans will pay £22 of their hard earned money to watch a mid table side?

If you knock off £12 per ticket you've got to more than double your casual / none ST attendance to even break even, never, ever going to happen.

I manage the Australasian / Asian side of an international business, good of you to ask, my clients are nothing like football fans so it's irrelevant if that's you line of reasoning.

good of you to respond. that explains everything - thanks - so let's get this straight , you berate others ideas for boosting crowds whilst your own suggestion is to bring a mate, that right ?

If you knock off £12 per ticket you've got to more than double your casual / none ST attendance to even break even' date=' never, ever going to happen.[/quote']

Not quite right - there would be additional margin on their spend on programs, food & drink etc

Need think short & long term too

Running a carpet business is not the same as running a football club my customers don't have the same affinity, people support football clubs from the heart you can't compare!!

How do you attract new customers though as well as retaining those who already do business with you ?

I run a business .. Very competitive sector, we have 99% retention level and our core biz grew 26% this year

Same in any field, all about the customer experience

good of you to respond. that explains everything - thanks - so let's get this straight , you berate others ideas for boosting crowds whilst your own suggestion is to bring a mate, that right ?

You love a dramatic word don't you...berate indeed! ;)

I didn't berate anyone, just said discounting ticket costs simply don't work, you have to come up with clever ideas like Jacko, Bald Eagle etc. have done.

No it was a detailed idea which incentivised the fan, the mate and the club on a sliding scale, take a look back as it was quite detailed.

You don't just drop the price though - you promote it hard, you market it as a family day, wall of colour, singing area, dancing girls, entertainment, bring your girl, bring your kids , bring your mate , bring a stokie, ex players / legends day, comps, local schools, bank holiday special - you sell the ass out of it ..

You have to start somewhere , I'd start there & build from that

How do you attract new customers though as well as retaining those who already do business with you ?

I run a business .. Very competitive sector, we have 99% retention level and our core biz grew 26% this year

Same in any field, all about the customer experience

Have these customers loved your company since birth and been influenced to support you by their families?

What sector is the business in?

You don't just drop the price though - you promote it hard, you market it as a family day, wall of colour, singing area, dancing girls, entertainment, bring your girl, bring your kids , bring your mate , bring a stokie, ex players / legends day, comps, local schools, bank holiday special - you sell the ass out of it ..

You have to start somewhere , I'd start there & build from that

Now that's a start....

Archived