onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stay away fans

jeff1966

11 pages about offers, prices, bring a friend etc etc ad infinitum . The crowds are low because the home form is poor. Full stop. Win homes games and the crowds will come. Play poorly in the first half of 75 % of home games and they will not . How many more games do we have to start on the wrong foot before someone twigs. HOME DEFEATS WILL NOT INCREASE GATES.

Assuming you want to come and can three main things influence you, assume you are not hardcore attender

Can you afford/ think its worth the money

Does the quality of football make you want to go

Weather that day.

Cant influence the last point, even you Mr Smurf

The rest can be influenced

Advert

Christ almighty are you saying he should continue to put even more in when the incredible amounts he's already put in aren't baring fruit?

You don't keep throwing good money after bad especially when it's not being tespected and supported by some.

What the club need to do is live within its budget, stop being so extravagant and explore more commercial aspects.

I agree. Someone must have hacked your account.

Whats the ****** obsession with stay away fans? So some fans dont go for various reasons. I think we need to get over it. As far as I was aware, people have the right to choose as to whether they attend or not.

Sure we didnt have all this in Bill Bells day when we'd get 19k for a big cup tie then 7k the following week.

I think Smurfs done great things for the vale but i'm bored of the numbers continually quoted as being invested.

I dont want anyone to invest millions into vale, i'd rather the club stood on its own 2 feet. If thats based on 5k attendance then so be it.

Anyone can get promotion by spending millions of pounds. I'd rather we did it with solid foundations (marketing, fans, youth players) than built on sand.

Brought a ten match season ticket booklet it ran out been two games at home since v Crewe and Oldham both very poor entertainment with a very quiet crowd which is not like Vale.

Years ago I was beginning lose interest so it's no surprise to me others feel the same,the ground is far too big for our support it needs be rid off and a new 10 thousand all seater be built in my opinion.

U work it out if u got a spare 50 quid after bills each week r u going spend it on filling the pockets of overpaid sportsmen .

Maybe there wages should be dependent on results ,maybe u might c a midfielder breaking his neck head a ball in ( van der laan or a Ian Taylor).

Away support is tremendous ,home support is just not there maybe u have priced the real passionate people out the game .

Money is the problem most folk haven't got any and those that have ain't getting getting out of there seats and encouraging enough.

Do I miss going all the time No I don't ill always love Vale but every year no cup shocks ,no buzz ,the only time there was was pre Christmas promotion season where the players rose like titans ,just goes show money root of all evil !

Do us a ticket offer they said. So we can pack the park they said.

Away win the week before.

Reasonable weather..a bit chilly but not a howling Gail.

Yet we muster 4600 home fans.

And people blame it on everything but themselves.

It's embarrassing.

The fan base is there. 12500 against shrews with 1000 away fans, 10600 against Burton with 850 away fans. They are there. They just can't be arsed to go.

It is that simple.

The problem we have is that Stoke on Trent is a relatively small city with two teams very close to each other. In recent years the quality of football at Vale has decreased dramatically, and that of Stoke has increased.

And despite being a Premier League club Stoke offer very good ticket prices for the standard of football fans can see. So where are fair weather fans/younger fans going to go to see their football... The Britannia.

I don't know what the answer is because I'm not a businessman and haven't seen accounts etc... but one suggestion I think would work would be circulating free tickets to local schools... hopefully to encourage some younger fans to come along (who'll also need to bring a paying adult with them).

Archived