onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stay away fans

jeff1966

Advert

im sorry but fans wont turn up with the current crop on the pitch. theyre *****. end of. we knew it 2-3 years ago but adams persisted and page is stuck with a team hes getting the absolute most out of. doesn't help really when the worst player on the pitch gets bigged up by the chairmans daughter on twitter.

2-3 years ago, what when we were winning promotion.

What the **** has what the chairmans daughter thinks about a player got to I do with our crap attendances?

Not sure what relevance who the chairmans daughters favourite player has on anything? Bit of a pointless thing really.

I think we need to look at what can be done to attract fans, clearly despite the best investment for years an apathy has set in. Next year should improve attendance wise with what looks like being a very Midlands/North West division.

I don't have a season ticket for the first year due to the then impending birth of my daughter yet I still love to go so have attended all but two home games (Orient as my daughter was born that weekend and today as we are in Funchal) and I travel up from Leicestershire to see them. I have that love for the club that makes me do that but not everyone is the same so we need to look at what can get people out the house.

More entertainment on the day aside from the football? To focus on families, a season ticket scheme similar to V2001s target 5000 (one of the very few decent things they did) a few ideas potentially.

The potential of the club is there, we've seen it before.

We really need to get more commercial publicity on our 2 local radio outlets.Maybe a deal can be struck with the commercial one in lieu of sponsor space at the ground!I can remember a few years ago we had offers/adverts on the said radio:yes:Maybe let them put a flag up on railway stand:yes:

Why are you talking in riddles? Just tell him for **** sake.

Tell the chairman what.

Tell him who our fan base is?

Tell him what out crowd average is?

Tell him what our average spend per person is?

Tell hm our p&l forecast?

Norman knew what he was buying into regardless.

I do. However, your secretary and accounts department should have this info to hand. Let's not do this in public again.

Correct not in public.So go see him in his office as requested.Sit down have a nice chat and explain where the info is.

Tell the chairman what.

Tell him who our fan base is?

Tell him what out crowd average is?

Tell him what our average spend per person is?

Tell hm our p&l forecast?

Norman knew what he was buying into regardless.

You accused him of bending the truth but although asked you have not said why or where?So its time you backed up your claim.

I don't understand who we're talking to.

There are very few people who are Vale "fans" and choose not to go to games. There are people who have an interest in football who will turn up for the success, but "stay away fans" do not exist.

We have 4000 fans. All the youngsters watch Stoke. The sooner we realise this and stop fooling ourselves by harping on about the thousands of Vale fans who choose to stay on Saturdays, the better.

im a stay away because i simply cannot afford it.....does that make me a "non fan" then? ive sat in the cold at bournemouth for 0-0 draws, ive sat in snow watching us get beat 5-2 at home, ive enjoyed the success of the Rudge era...but circumstances change....mine did 3yrs ago & im still trying to recover....to say there arent "stay away" fans is an insult...i know of a few more in similar situations who would go rain or shine but plain simply finances dictate.

I do not know you so cannot judge you but from your comment I assume you are some **** ****** ******

You can criticize me all day long but do not comment on my family

And heres another problem, smurf slagging fans off every five minutes, he wants to build the fanbase but then insults them....great business that is smurf! Theres no insult being thrown at your daughter....yet you throw insults & its not the first time including at corporate sponsors...what do you hope to achieve through insulting fans smurf???

If that is your attitude maybe you are best selling up & moving on??

And heres another problem, smurf slagging fans off every five minutes, he wants to build the fanbase but then insults them....great business that is smurf! Theres no insult being thrown at your daughter....yet you throw insults & its not the first time including at corporate sponsors...what do you hope to achieve through insulting fans smurf???

If that is your attitude maybe you are best selling up & moving on??

To be fair to him he was responding to a WUM who was slating him and bizarrely his daughter.

I think he should just ignore people like that but emotions are funny things and if someone was attacking you or your child I'm sure you would find it difficult.

They won't turn up when they know the team will bottle it. Happened 3 times now at home Crewe, Oldham and today. The fans won't turn up while we have the likes of Williamson, Duffy and Birchall still getting in the squad. They just ain't good enough - harsh but true.

Think I am being kind 'cus I could also mention Lines, Yates, Lloyd etc etc

My reading of the game says we didn't 'bottle it' - anything but...

Archived