onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Qatar 2022 World Cup

For Us All

Advert

As Churchill would have said, they were guilty of terminological inexactitudes!

ah and I thought the phrase, used once by a government representative, in the 'Spycatcher' trial, of 'we could be said to be guilty of economies with the truth' to have been a deft turn of phrase, but 'terminological inexactitudes' sends me to bed with a chuckle on my lips

Points-with-Bone

I thought Gary Neville spoke really well about the subject on Talk Sport yesterday.

It's clear the Middle East deserve a World Cup and it's clear to make it a spectacle the games should be played at a cooler time.

As he said it's not the Sherpa Van Trophy, it's the World Cup and once every 24/28 years european football should expect to be interrupted for the worlds most important competition. They've got 7 years to plan a season anyway.

How Qater got the competition and the working conditions of those building the stadia and infrastructure are another thing entirely and FIFA and the construction companies must be investigated.

I thought Gary Neville spoke really well about the subject on Talk Sport yesterday.

It's clear the Middle East deserve a World Cup and it's clear to make it a spectacle the games should be played at a cooler time.

As he said it's not the Sherpa Van Trophy, it's the World Cup and once every 24/28 years european football should expect to be interrupted for the worlds most important competition. They've got 7 years to plan a season anyway.

How Qater got the competition and the working conditions of those building the stadia and infrastructure are another thing entirely and FIFA and the construction companies must be investigated.

On what basis does the Middle East "deserve" the World Cup?

Maybe the same way the USA did at the time.........Its called money and corruption......Simple...:yes:

The USA did a great job hosting the 1994 WC , and is the only country to have made money from it. Infrastructure was top class, roads, hotels, and stadiums which were already in place. That's why I think that either England or the US should have been awarded the 2018/2022 WC. The real money and corruption lies in the Middle East , and that's why Qatar got it.

The USA did a great job hosting the 1994 WC , and is the only country to have made money from it. Infrastructure was top class, roads, hotels, and stadiums which were already in place. That's why I think that either England or the US should have been awarded the 2018/2022 WC. The real money and corruption lies in the Middle East , and that's why Qatar got it.

And I'm assuming the USA didn't use slave labour either? Its clear that all world cups are won by bribery. That's why we won't get another one. But the USA shouldn't be compared to Qatar in any way

Quite simply, not their turn again and it should go to Australia and New Zealand, or perhaps an Asian country, like China or India, although I accept football isn't big in India, but when was it in Qatar ?

Archived