onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Williamson to return ?

smithie

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Walsall-v-Port-Vale-Ryan-Inniss-Ben-Williamson/story-26021346-detail/story.html

According to Mike Baggaley

" the striker has a good understanding with Tom Pope, forged over the last three seasons."

I'm not sure I'd agree with that!!

I actually think Pope isn't 100% fit yet, and Luer looked lively on Tuesday.

So.......why not try a combo of Campion & Luer ?

I don't think Williamson should walk straight back in, it's not as if he's a regular scorer and the first name on the team-sheet.

Thoughts, Valeites?

Advert

We do need more pace in the team.

Only Marshall seems able to run at pace with the ball and chase long passes, so having Williamson back will be a bonus.

The question is: is he fully match fit because after a hamstring injury you have to be very careful, so he might be on the bench.

But I wonder what the likes of O'Sullivan & Luer have to offer if given 90 minutes. Moore too would offer us a lot going forward.

I'd like to see more energy and pace in the team. It gives our opponents something different to worry about and stops their back four from pushing up the pitch.

Do you know I'm getting more and more confused to what the line up should be, there are some obvious choices but when we were getting overrun in midfield earlier on in the season everyone wanted a five man midfield and while Tom was out injured that's what happened with Willo up front, now Tom is back we want two up front but who with? If we play two up front who plays in midfield, can we afford to play two wingers? Then there's the defence....I wouldnt know where to start there... good luck Page hope you can get it right!!

We must leave it to Page and his staff to judge the fitness of the players and when they are ready to return to the side. The basic problem in attack is that we have no replacement for Dodds, so there is no point in playing five in midfield. As Williamson may not be fully fit, I think he should start the game and be replaced by Campion or Luer at some stage. I would also like to see the new lad go straight in in central defence with Veseli as his partner, Yates and Dickinson at full back and be told they have 5 games together to develop understanding and team work. No reference to clean sheets.

Do you know I'm getting more and more confused to what the line up should be, there are some obvious choices but when we were getting overrun in midfield earlier on in the season everyone wanted a five man midfield and while Tom was out injured that's what happened with Willo up front, now Tom is back we want two up front but who with? If we play two up front who plays in midfield, can we afford to play two wingers? Then there's the defence....I wouldnt know where to start there... good luck Page hope you can get it right!!

Absolutely right.

It's been the same for 18 months. We don't know our best XI and to a degree you might as well pick the names out of a hat because there is very little between them.

Good teams have a settled side and build teamwork and coherence but we've never performed well enough to play the same team for 10-12 games and it's a problem.

I guess when we see the bench tomorrow some of us would say it's as strong as the starting XI!

We must leave it to Page and his staff to judge the fitness of the players and when they are ready to return to the side. The basic problem in attack is that we have no replacement for Dodds, so there is no point in playing five in midfield. As Williamson may not be fully fit, I think he should start the game and be replaced by Campion or Luer at some stage. I would also like to see the new lad go straight in in central defence with Veseli as his partner, Yates and Dickinson at full back and be told they have 5 games together to develop understanding and team work. No reference to clean sheets.

McGivern at full back in place of Dicko and I would agree with you.

Archived