onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Sat 17th Jan 2015, Port Vale v Peterborough Utd, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Bit of perspective after yesterday? All part of our learning curve, winning is the easy part, compared to dealing with set backs, after all we are still building.There are 9 points on offer this month, easier than Feb. So 3 points off Posh please.

Advert

Bit of perspective after yesterday? All part of our learning curve, winning is the easy part, compared to dealing with set backs, after all we are still building.There are 9 points on offer this month, easier than Feb. So 3 points off Posh please.

Perspective surely is that we really are NOT good enough to challenge for a play off spot. Most ardent Valiants can see this although we will stay up. Present squad(whatever combination Page picks) are just average. We need big changes before we can even dream about a place in the top section of this Division. That said I'm happy with the progress on and off the pitch this last couple of years and we have now stabilised in many ways so we ought to be looking ahead to next season and try and attract players that offer more to Page on a more consistent basis.

Next week"ought" to see changes in starting 11 but who knows what Page will do?

These seem a very poor side at the minute and I certainly expect us to turn up after yesterday's show. I expect changes, don't know how many but it's clear we won't make the play offs and were too good to go down. For me let's start getting some of these younger lads in ready for next season and let some of the players who haven't got going another chance. Is nimely injured? As he hasn't even made the bench recently.

Neal

Yates

Robertson

Veseli

Dickinson

Moore

Brown

O'connor

Marshall

Nguessan

Williamson

A straight 442 in which nguessan finally gets a game up top. Moore needs to at least be given a chance and Duffy is not good enough, should never have been brought back in for Robertson. Would leave brown out after his last two showings but there is nobody to bring in, lines needs buck his ideas up and birchall ain't good enough.

Once again the season is effectively over just after Christmas.
The norm for most clubs, exceptions for Vale are 8 promotions in 70 odd years since the war, and a similar number of cup runs lasting until February. Also a similar number of relegations. Thus the main interest now is individual matches, player development, and mid table comfort, a routine season.

I wouldn't say he was a class act.. He's also not the most prolific of goal scorers too.34 goals in 306 appearances isn't exactly class..

if RP wishes to persist with this current formation, then Moore is a better option than NGuessan for me.

if RP wishes to persist with this current formation, then Moore is a better option than NGuessan for me.

Whenever N'Guessan receives the ball he either already has his back to goal or passes the ball backwards.

He's not quick enough to turn his man, and for a sizeable unit he doesn't win a great deal in the air.

Archived