onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Sheffield Utd 1 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

just because he gets a lucky deflected goal from 1 yard out does not make him player of the season, hes still **** regardless

Bit harsh to call it a lucky deflected goal. Thought it was well taken myself. That said, Willo wouldn't be my choice up front but more importantly, he's Pages choice & I'll go with that. Think Page is doing an excellent job.

Was a good game. Second half was very open.

Two easy decisions, the sending off & the penalty but credit the linesman for giving them both.

Oh and a mention for Chris Morgan. A thoroughly nasty, odious pillock. Ever likely Ronald Koeman refused to shake their staffs hands. Referee should have sent him to the stands for the way he was with the linesman and fourth referee.

Advert

An outstanding and entertaining game, won well by a positive Vale side. Credit to all the players, not just some of them, as well as the manager for selecting a winning side, the ultimate vindication of team choice.

Things can change quickly in football, and a couple of indifferent results would no doubt bring a repeat of the tirade of stupid abuse that followed the Coventry game.

For the moment though, Vale have made Christmas a treat and a half, even if we should lose at Swindon, we are no longer looking over our shoulder. If we should get anything on sunday then expectations will be rocketing going into the New Year.

The fans really played their part today too, all in all a great day that will be talked about in years to come.

While I would welcome Pope back and agree he would revel in playing in the team as it was today, Williamson is learning and improving from playing regularly up front and benefits from the confidence Page shows in him. As for Andy regs not noticing Dodds on the pitch for 70 minutes, I suggest a visit to Specsavers. Dodds showed great ability to read the game with passing and link up play which was only matched by Brown.

Thought there were more than 8524 today what say you??

Irrespective, that's what the figure is...would you say 6000 home fans is lower than you expected? I thought 7000 would have been more like it for home fans on Boxing Day against a plum team. ( with a plum for a manager )

While I would welcome Pope back and agree he would revel in playing in the team as it was today, Williamson is learning and improving from playing regularly up front and benefits from the confidence Page shows in him. As for Andy regs not noticing Dodds on the pitch for 70 minutes, I suggest a visit to Specsavers. Dodds showed great ability to read the game with passing and link up play which was only matched by Brown.

Williamson is learning ? at 26, mate if he hasn't got it by 26 its time to pack in and choose another line of work im afraid.

park bench imitator springs instantly to mind.

Neal - can't think of a mistake of the top of me 'ead and two worldie saves first half. Veseli, looked confident, plays the ball well out of defence, showing Glover's influence.... That said went walk about for their goal .

Dodds, great close passing - pick of a decent midfield. Ben, average game but attracts moans every time the ball is anywhere near him from many who just see everything he does through their scapegoat lens.

Archived