onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 2 Sheffield Utd 1 - Post Match Comments

Caz or caz123

Advert

Not too sure, IMO they did pretty well against a well organised side. You know I criticise Williamson but he was decent yesterday and I don't care if plays crap as long as he gets a goal.

It's like I've said before we have bigger things to worry about than who starts up front, and that's the defensive issues. Just seems like some people on here will blame Willo for anything.

on a positive additional note : im loving the bitterness at the moment on blades fans forums, making me lol

happy Christmas you bunch of miserable gits...including your mr Nigel Bitter Clough.

I know, so funny, moaning that they won't go up and will have to play the likes of us again, don't worry they might be in good company with Leeds , Millwall , Wigan and Blackpool struggling!

on a positive additional note : im loving the bitterness at the moment on blades fans forums, making me lol

happy Christmas you bunch of miserable gits...including your mr Nigel Bitter Clough.

I struggle to get home to Newport, Shropshire, with the accident at Beech. I presume those heading back to Sheffield would have struggled, judging by the news. Shame:laugh:

I agree with poster who said it was a bit of a mixed bag, but was undeniably a cracking game which could have good either way.

The positives for me were:-

Neal - thought he was superb, was in the Bycars right behind those two saves, both of which were outstanding.

Dodds - great game in what is easily his best position.

Veseli - arguably now the best centre back we have so needs to be signed up quick.

Marshall - always looked our most likely route to goal.

The first goal - we scored off a training ground routine, with attacking set plays at least showing some variety from the Adams days.

However, you felt the equaliser coming by the way we started the second half and it was a truly horrible piece of defending, which regardless of who we have in defence we always seem to have in our locker. Dickinson had a awful first half, and got roasted several times by JCR(?) who ironically was the one who scored I think. Admittedly he was not helped by N'Guessan not tracking back and I wasn't overly impressed by him or Williamson. Second half I actually couldn't see where a goal would come from other than another set piece or penalty, which proved the case.

I loathe the tactic we seem to have adopted of launching every goal kick towards the left flank hoping N'Guessan will win the header, which started against Rochdale and, to my mind is completely pointless as we have not won a single ball. He is not a winger, and I just do not understand what is going on with Byron Moore as in this formation he would seem ideal with N'Guessan up top. I still think the passing in midfield, whilst better, is still too slow with the movement static, and so I think OConnor may have to be the one to make way for Lines return.

It was nice to be on the right side of two refereeing decisions for a change, which ultimately swung the game in our favour. They were a good side, probably comparable with say Rochdale but not the MK Dons 'cup team'. Well done to their fans who travelled in good numbers and made for a great atmosphere, particularly the fantastic reception they gave Michael Brown. Whilst I quite like Clough as a manager and applaud Utd for being the only team this season who have not rolled around feigning injury at every opportunity, he was was bang out of order for implying in his post-match interview that Brown had done so, and his comment that "perhaps next time they won't sing his name quite so loudly" was quite disgraceful.

All in all, an enjoyable game, one that could have gone either way and hopefully should give us the confidence to keep the score to less than obligatory five at Swindle.

Archived